Transfer requirements to enter the University of California at Irvine
- Complete two transferable English composition courses.
- Complete one transferable math course.
- Complete 4 courses from 2 of the following 3 areas:
Arts and Humanities
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Complete 60 UC transferable semester units.
- Have a minimum 2.4 GPA (2.8 for International Applicants).
- Complete as much coursework in the major as you can (priority is given to students that complete the most coursework in the major).
- Complete either the IGETC or the campus specific breadth pattern.
- Apply in November for Fall admission or apply in July for Winter Admission.
Click here to see if Irvine offers the major you're interested in. After following this link return to this page to find out which SMC courses you need to complete by either looking at:
There are two printed publications that will facilitate the transfer process. One is called "Answers for Transfers" published by the University of California. The other publication is called "The Nannini Guide: Navigating Your Successful Transfer to the University of California" by Daniel L. Nannini, Transfer Center Coordinator at Santa Monica College. This book is available at the SMC Bookstore, at www.amazon.com or at www.transfertouc.com.
ADDITIONAL TRANSFER TIDBITS
- Go to the website above to review grade point average (GPA) and majors selected guidelines for TAG.
- Students must have 30 UC transferable semester units completed and one transferable English and math course completed to be eligible for TAG.
- Eligible TAG students must then complete the UC application entirely, print it out and meet with a UCI representative between October 14th and November 29th.
- Appointments can be made with the UCI representative at SMC at (310) 434-4210 or at Irvine at (949) 824-6703.
- International students without international university records are eligible for TAG!
- TAG is not available for the following majors: Arts and Humanities, Dance, Music, Humanities and Arts, Nursing Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Humanities (Interdisciplinary).