Transfer requirements to enter the University of California at San Francisco
- Complete two transferable English composition courses.
- Complete one transferable math course.
- Complete 4 courses from 2 of the following 3 areas:
Arts and Humanities
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Complete 60 UC Transferable semester units.
- A minimum 2.4 GPA (2.8 for International applicants).
- Complete as much coursework in the major as you can (priority is given to students that complete the most coursework in the major).
- Complete either the IGETC or the lower-division skills breadth requirements in reading and composition, quantitative reasoning, and foreign language
Click here to see if UC San Francisco offers the major you're interested in. After following this link return to this page to find out which SMC courses you need to complete by either looking at:
There are two printed publications that will facilitate the transfer process. One is called "Answers for Transfers" published by the University of California. The other publication is called "The Nannini Guide: Navigating Your Successful Transfer to the University of California" by Daniel L. Nannini, Transfer Center Coordinator at Santa Monica College. This book is available at the SMC Bookstore, at www.amazon.com or at www.transfertouc.com.