University of California, Los Angeles
Additional Transfer Tidbits
Below is some general information about transfer admission requirements for each of the specific colleges.
College of Letters and Science
- Most majors require around a 3.2 GPA.
- Impacted majors require approximately a 3.4-3.6, or higher.
- Impacted majors: All economics majors, communication studies, and all biological science majors.
- Students are not allowed to change majors into psychology or any of the econ or life science majors after they transfer.
School of Art and Architecture
- Most majors require around a 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants to all majors must demonstrate artistic ability and potential through submission of a portfolio, audition, interview, and/or questionnaire after filing their initial application.
School of Engineering and Applied Science
School of Theater, Film and Television
- Both majors require around a 3.0 GPA.
- Film and Television majors are screened for junior level status and for completion of all university and school general education requirements (or IGETC). There is an additional written portfolio submitted after the initial application is submitted in November. Videos and movies are not part of the admissions decision.
- Theater applicants must interview and submit additional supporting materials. Students who wish to qualify for admission on the basis of performance must audition after the initial application.