VRC Activities and Services
- Academic Counseling Monday-Thursday 9:00AM to 3:00PM
- Free counseling for individuals and couples on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00AM to 3:00PM, please contact Dr. Todd Adamson at (323) 246-0413 for an appointment
- Information about Veteran entitlements such as pensions and service connected disabilities contact John Scott at (310) 434-8219 Mon, Tues, and Thurs.
- Housing services for homeless veterans contact John Scott at (310) 434-8219
- Certification of units for GI Bill payments for tuition, books, and monthly housing allowance, Martha Romano (310) 434-8205
- Veteran Lounge (come get a cup of coffee, have a snack, or just hangout with veteran peers, the lounge also has a refrigerator and microwave)
- Tutoring on a limited basis, please contact the VRC for any assistance you may need with a tutor.
- Emergency Relief fund for veterans enduring financial hardship, please fill out the Emergency Fund application located in the Helpful Documents section of the website
Computer Lab consisting of 6 desktop computers with full internet access, browse for classes, complete homework or just surf the web.
3 laptop computers available for check out at any time for a 4 day period. Please ask the receptionist in the VRC for more details (310) 434-8205
10 Livescribe smart pens with notebooks to assist veterans with taking notes. Smartpens
2 assistive technology computers with scanners. Software currently installed on these computers is:
Dragon Naturally Speaking Software (please bring a memory stick to save your profile)
Zoom Text 9.1
Read Out Loud University
Register with DSPS for assistance in learning how to use the technology and creating a plan that will best assist you in your academic endeavors. (DSPS)