Summer Jams At Santa Monica College
Please read the information below before submitting your application. Students will be admitted to the program on a first come, first served basis. Space is limited.
Summer Jams is a bridge program that helps first time college students with their transition from high school into college. Selected students will participate in 10 days of fun, dynamic activities designed to strengthen reading, writing, math and study skills for a head start toward a college degree or career certification. Students will connect with new and continuing students, faculty and staff; they will receive individual support in adjusting to the college environment and connecting to resources on campus. Students participating in Summer Jams will automatically be enrolled in SMC’s First Year Experience (FYE) program. The Summer Jams Program will take place August 4, 2014 to August 15, 2014 on SMC's main campus.
- Guaranteed enrollment into English and Math courses for 1 year (Fall and Spring)
- Early enrollment
- Improve your math, reading, writing, and study skills
- Faster path to transfer
- Free tutoring during your first year
- Receive academic advising and help with registration
- Build a support network of students, faculty, and staff
- Familiarize yourself with the campus
- Transition successfully into college
Unfortunately, the deadline to apply for Summer Jams has passed and the application period is officially closed. Please check back toward the end of Fall 2014 for information on how to apply during Spring 2015. Apologies for any inconveniences.