Attention: Route Change!
will no longer stop at 20th and Pico.
Route changed to travel between SMC Bundy Campus and the 17th Street/SMC
Service on Pico Blvd. and 20th St. is discontinued.
Summer service every 30 minutes from approximately 6:30am to 6:15pm
beginning June 13 through August 19.
Service every 15 minutes during the fall, winter, and spring sessions.
Ride Big Blue Bus To and From Campus!
Big Blue Bus – Any Line / Any Time
Thanks to the SMC Associated Students and the district, the very popular “Any Line, Any Time” program continues for the coming year.
You can ride the “Any Line, Any Time” for free on the Big Blue Bus once you've paid the A.S. fee, obtained the sticker, and activated your student ID card at the Bursar’s Office or the Admissions Office.
Visit the Big Blue Bus SMC website for route maps and schedules.
Swipe and Ride
Big Blue Bus now requires that you swipe your student ID card to board a bus. You are responsible to activate your card.
When you get a new ID card, it should be swiped and ready to use. If you’re a new student this semester, your card should be ready to use. If you’re a returning student and your card does not have a magnetic stripe, you’ll need a new ID card, available at the Bursar’s office on the main campus.
If you’re a returning student and have a card that has a magnetic stripe, activate your card at any of the following stations:
- Main Campus
- Bursar’s Office during normal hours
- Admissions Office during normal hours
- Auxiliary Services (staff only)
- Airport Arts Campus: Lobby, first week of the semester, 8am to 5pm.
- Bundy Campus: Staff Office in lobby, first week of the semester, 8am to 5pm.
- Performing Arts Center: Outside of the PAC bookstore, first week of the semester, 8am to 5pm.
- Pico Bus Stop: During the first week of school, returning students can get IDs activated for the semester at the bus stop located at Pico and 18th street.
Get your swiped card now and start riding the Big Blue Bus for free thanks to SMC and the Associated Students!