Noncredit Registration & Enrollment
Steps to Enroll in Noncredit ESL Classes
Download, print, and complete the Registration form below:
Send the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Noncredit Office will email you with your SMC Student ID number (which you will need in order to complete Step #4 below)
Complete the Online Orientation.
Launch the Online Noncredit Orientation
Meet with the counselor by phone or Zoom to discuss your Student Education Plan.
- To book an appointment visit:
- Select the time and day you want to make an appointment
- Fill out your contact information and click confirm booking
The Noncredit Office will enroll you in your appropriate class(es).
Steps to Enroll in Noncredit Certificate Programs
only enrolled in Noncredit courses may enroll in Noncredit Vocational Certificate courses/programs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students enrolled in both credit and noncredit courses may enroll in Noncredit Vocational Certificate courses/programs by emailing email@example.com or by logging into
Location & Contact
SMC Bundy Campus
3171 Bundy Drive, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Services are temporarily offered remotely
To see what classes are available, visit the
The schedule is flexible for students. Courses are available in the morning and afternoons. We even have courses on Saturdays.
- At least 18 years old.
- Does not hold an F-1 visa
Changing Noncredit ESL Classes
- You can register anytime during the semester. As long as the class is open (Open Entry/Open Exit)
- If you feel you are not in the correct level, check with your instructor or a counselor about which level may be more appropriate for you.
- Please email the Noncredit Counselors
Fees & Financial Aid
- SMC noncredit classes are free!
- You may be asked to pay for textbooks, materials, and supplies that you will need to succeed in your class. Approximate cost is $40-50.
- There is no financial aid available for noncredit courses books or supplies.
Grades & Transfer Credit
- You will not receive a grade for noncredit courses you attend.
- Noncredit courses do not transfer to another school, but they help prepare you to take credit college courses.
How to Get A Student Picture ID
- Take your registration form and a current photo ID to the Bursar Office (Map #44)
- Pay $32.50 for the ID card and activity sticker.
Bursar's Office for hours and location.
- At Santa Monica College, the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff are always the first priority.
- Download Live Safe – Free App with SMC safety information and real-time notifications to your phone.
- If you need assistance, contact Campus Police at (310) 434-4300
SMC takes pride in providing a safe environment. Another type of safety is consent.
For more information, visit