STEM counselors are available to help you plan your academic goals. Meet with a counselor at least twice a semester to support and guide or assist you with academic and career planning. Counselors also assist students with selecting academic majors, exploring transfer options, and developing plans to meet your educational goals (certificate, AA/AS, transfer).
UPDATE: STEM Counseling has moved to phone & video (zoom) appointments.
STEM counseling services will continue to be offered
remotely (by phone & zoom) for all students.
Please follow the steps below:
- If you are in the STEM program, you can continue to make online appointments through Corsair Connect. Instructions on how to make an appointments online can be found here: Counseling Appointments, Online Self-Scheduling
- NOTE: all appointments will be PHONE/VIDEO Appointments. Please DO NOT come to campus.
- Mark your appointment in your personal calendar to remind you to be available during this time.
- Ensure your phone number is updated in Corsair Connect by selecting "Enrollment Services" and then "Profile/Preferences".
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to adjust your cell phone settings to allow phone numbers outside of your contacts or "no caller ID" incoming calls at the time of your phone counseling appointment. If you are not available to answer your phone at the start time of your appointment, the appointment will be cancelled.
- If you are NOT in the STEM program you can still make a counseling appointment by emailing STEM@smc.edu or by calling 310-434-3988. Please note: There is a slower response time to phone/voicemails. When you email or call, please identify yourself as a student making a counseling appointment and leave your full name, student ID number, counseling date and time preferences as well as if you prefer video or phone counseling.
To Schedule a phone appointment with a STEM counselor:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call (310) 434-3988 (longer wait times will exist for phone requests)
- Have your availability ready. Please include a few options for dates/times preferred. (For example: Mon/Wed between 2-4 p.m.)
- Identify yourself as a student who is making a counseling appointment
- Leave your name, contact info,student ID#, and availability.
- Don't forget to indicate if you'd prefer a PHONE or VIDEO apppointment
You can also always contact us by emailing email@example.com.
A Quick Note to Our Students:
Going mobile is new to all of us. Please be patient and kind with each other. If problems arise (tech) etc. Please send a screen grab and as much info as possible in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Thank you! -STEM Team
SUMMER 2020 STEM Counseling
Weekly Schedule Posted SOON!
|Maria Belen Vaccaro|