News and Announcements
Student Health Services is now operating remotely. Please call us at 310 434 4262 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Please fill in this consent form SMC Telehealth Informed Consent.3.2020.pdf and this intake form Santa Monica College Health Services Form.pdfand email it to us at email@example.com. We will not be seeing students or staff in person at this time. We are still available to assist, consult and support telephonically and via zoom. Please be reassured that we are still here to help you navigate these stressful times.
Hours of operation:
Monday - Thursday 8am to 4pm
Friday 8am to 3pm
Please check the public health and CDC websites for current events and updates. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. LA County Department of Public Health: "Learn More About Coronavirus."
Be safe and stay healthy!
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask:
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
211 LA County: 211 LA is the central source for information and referrals for all health and human services in LA County. The 2-1-1 phone line (dial 2-1-1) is available 24/7. If you cannot directly dial 2-1-1 or are calling from outside Los Angeles County, call (800) 339-6993.
SMC Police Department/Emergency Preparedness Team's COVID-19 Info & Prevention Guide: Read "COVID-10 Resource Guide."
LA County Department of Public Health: "Learn More About Coronavirus."
California Department of Public Health: "Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19): What You Need to Know."
Center for Disease Control & Prevention: "Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary."
World Health Organization: "Coronavirus disease advice for the public" | Also: "Coronavirus."
Gynecological Services / STD Screening
Westside Family Health Center
3861 Sepulveda Blvd
Culver City, California, 90230
Appointment Line and Urgent matters call: 310-450-2191
Housing Agencies and Resources
Safe Place for Youth
The People Concern
St. Joseph Center
Please be assured that the college's leadership cares deeply about the safety and well-being of the SMC community. You can expect updates at critical moments via your SMC email (so please check it regularly) and by visiting the consolidated COVID-19 webpage.