Title IX Leadership Program for Students
In an Emergency 24/7
From any campus phone,
From a mobile phone,
call SMC dispatch
If off-campus, call
This new program is being offered in the fall 2019 semester. It is an opportunity for you to became a leader in the area of Title IX and to create a network of like-minded students who do not tolerate any form of sexual harassment and sexual violence on campus or in the community.
The leadership program will involve attendance at five workshops. The first workshop will be the orientation and sign up. The remaining four workshops will cover topics that are current and related to what is happening on your campus today, as well as at a local, national and world events level. These workshops will be presented by experts in their field.
The culmination of the program for those who successfully complete the program will be a graduation ceremony and the presentation of a certificate from the Santa Monica College Board of Trustees.
Benefits for students:
- A better understanding of a range of issues related to Title IX and unlawful discrimination.
- Students will be able to connect with outside agencies.
- College Application builder and should assist in transfer potential - many of the colleges (UCs, SCUs have existing Title IX and social justice programs on their campus.
- Students have information which they can share.
- Graduates of this program will be the students' other students look to for information.
- They can become peer educators.
- Assists and reinforces Guided Pathways especially for those who will become peer navigators.
- Can be part of the student’s leadership training.
If you have any questions email Lisa Winter, Title IX Coordinator at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 434-4225 for further information.