Certificates, Degrees and Permits



This is a list of pathways currently offered within the Education/Early Childhood Department. For more information or assistance with creating a personalized student education plan, or applying for a certificate, degree, or permit, schedule an appointment to meet with an Education/Early Childhood Counselor.

Certificates of Achievement

  • Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
  • Early  Childhood Studies
  • Infant & Toddler Teacher
  • Early Intervention Assistant
  • Transitional Kindergarten Teacher
  • Nature-Based Pedagogy
  • Elementary Teacher Education

Certificates of Completion

  • Introduction to Early Care & Education (noncredit)


  • AS Early Childhood Studies
  • AS-T Early Childhood Education
  • AS Early Intervention Assistant
  • AS Infant & Toddler Teacher
  • AS-T Child & Adolescent Development
  • AA-T Elementary Teacher Education

Child Development Permits

Child Development Permits are required for employment in all public and some private early care and education settings. Permits are issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and require varying amounts ECE coursework and hours of supervised field experience working with young children in a licensed child care setting. Education/Early Childhood Counselors are available to assist you with the application process.

  • Associate Teacher Permit
  • Assistant Teacher Permit
  • Teacher Permit
  • Master Teacher Permit
  • Site Supervisor Permit
  • Program Director Permit