This page features forms, informational material, and documents that may be helpful to or requested by faculty.
Transitioning to a Remote Environment
The Center's Resources
- Get the app! Teaching Professor Tips - free for iPhone or Android
- The Center's Lending Library
- Materials from Past Workshops and Events
- On Course Strategies and Best Practices
Equity-Minded Practices in an Online EnvironmentDrs. Frank Harris III and J. Luke Wood's Latest Webinar from 3/26/2020:
Employing Equity-Minded & Culturally-Affirming Teaching Practices in Virtual Learning Communities
The Equity and Diversity Committee Equity Resource GuideThe Equity and Diversity Committee explores academic and professional matters concerning faculty equity and diversity practices and policies at the college. It works with appropriate campus groups to develop, recommend, and assess policies, programs, and strategies that promote equity and diversity in student success and to update the college’s equity plan.
*Printed copies of the Equity Resource Guide are available to borrow from The Center in M104
- CATs - Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Learning Students’ Names
- Mutual Respect in the Classroom
- Pronoun Etiquette Sheet
- Understanding by Design
- Difficult Dialogues in the Classroom
- Teaching Beyond the Gender Binary in the University Classroom
- California Community Colleges Professional Learning Network
Teaching & Learning Resources
Below you will find links to various articles on the topic of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. Articles are listed by title, in the order, they were published.
- "Structure Matters: Twenty-One Teaching Strategies to Promote Student Engagement and Cultivate Classroom Equity" by Kimberly D. Tanner, Department of Biology, San Francisco State University - CBE - Life Sciences Education, Vol. 12
- A "best of" List that Celebrates the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning - FACULTY FOCUS - January 7, 2015
- "Teaching Beyond the Gender Binary in the University Classroom" from Vanderbilt University's Center for Teaching