This page features forms, informational material, and documents that may be helpful to or requested by faculty.
- CATs - Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Learning Students’ Names
- Mutual Respect in the Classroom
- Pronoun Etiquette Sheet
- Understanding by Design
- Difficult Dialogues in the Classroom
- Teaching Beyond the Gender Binary in the University Classroom
- California Community Colleges Professional Learning Network
- CCC Confer - Easily get your videos and trainings in the hands of your students, for FREE!
- The Center for Teaching Excellence YouTube Channel
- Dr. Kidogo Kennedy on Culturally Responsive Pedagoy at SMC 4.24.15
- Jason Rivera - Culturally Responsive Pedagogy - Nine Principles 5.7.15
- Excellence in STEM Panel Discussion - 6.2.15
- Time Management Presentation with Ming Lu - 9.24.15
- The On Course YouTube Channel
Teaching & Learning Resources
Below you will find links to various articles on the topic of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. Articles are listed by title, in the order, they were published.
- "Structure Matters: Twenty-One Teaching Strategies to Promote Student Engagement and Cultivate Classroom Equity" by Kimberly D. Tanner, Department of Biology, San Francisco State University - CBE - Life Sciences Education, Vol. 12
- A "best of" List that Celebrates the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning - FACULTY FOCUS - January 7, 2015
- "Teaching Beyond the Gender Binary in the University Classroom" from Vanderbilt University's Center for Teaching
Flex Day Spring 2019 Presenter Jeff Schinske
See Jeff's interviews as part of the iBiology Scientific Teaching Series on Active Learning:
New! Equity Resource Guide
The Equity and Diversity Committee explores academic and professional matters concerning faculty equity and diversity practices and policies at the college. It works with appropriate campus groups to develop, recommend, and assess policies, programs, and strategies that promote equity and diversity in student success and to update the college’s equity plan.
*Printed copies of the Equity Resource Guide are available to borrow from The Center in M104
- Get the app! Teaching Professor Tips - free for iPhone or Android
- The Center's Lending Library
- Materials from Past Workshops and Events
- Articles on Teaching and Learning
- Online Training
- Links to websites and videos
- On Course Strategies and Best Practices
Please share with your colleagues.
Classroom and Presentation Tips
Ever wish you could read your students' minds while you're giving a lesson?
You'd have an amazing ability to adjust to your classroom's needs and emotions. That's the backchannel.
And that's where TodaysMeet comes in. TodaysMeet gives you an isolated room where you can see only what you need to see. Your audience doesn't need to worry about public real-time updates in forums like Twitter, or speaking aloud if they're embarrassed or don't want to interrupt.
TodaysMeet is a good way to have a quick convo in a relatively quiet place, while real-time lessons are going on and after class as a resource for discussion between students who may have never otherwise sought help from one another. Students can even remain anonymous while talking in the backchannel.
Why waste precious characters @replying everyone when you can just sit in the same room and listen to each other?