CTE Committee

Conference Request


If you are interested in attending a Career Technical Education conference and require Perkins funding, please follow the procedure below:

  1. Fill out the Conference Authorization Request form.
  2. Attach information regarding the conference such as:
    • Agenda
    • Registration fee
    • Hotel Rates
  3. Fill out the Request for CTEA funding form.  This will assist with our reporting of activities to the state at the end of the fiscal year.
  4. If the conference is out of state – fill out the Out of State Travel Request Form in addition to the Conference Authorization and Request for CTEA Funding forms.

Within the form, please provide a link to the conference website.  Out of State Conference Request forms need to be submitted six (6) weeks prior to the conference as we need to obtain permission from the state monitor.

Please send the above forms and any supporting documents to The Office of Workforce & Economic Development at least twenty one (21) days prior to in-state conferences and six (6) weeks prior to out-of-state conferences.

The grant funding provided by The Office of Workforce & Economic Development does not allow for international travel.

To help determine per diem rates - please visit The US General Services Administration.


Per AB 1887, the State of CA will not fund out of state to travel requests to states that do not support LGBT rights.

To view the states under AB1887's Travel Prohibition please click AB 1887

Until further notice, please do not submit Out of State Requests that involve conferences/meetings, etc. that are located in the affected states. However, please note the following exceptions below:

The Legislature created exceptions in AB 1887 that allow travel to banned states in certain circumstances. (Gov. Code, 11139.8, subd. (c).) These exceptions only apply if travel to a subject state is "required." (Ibid.)

Specifically, AB 1887 does not apply to state travel that is required for any of the following purposes:

  1. Enforcement of California law, including auditing and revenue collection.
  2. Litigation.
  3. To meet contractual obligations incurred before January 1, 2017.
  4. To comply with requests by the federal government to appear before committees.
  5. To participate in meetings or training required by a grant or required to maintain grant funding.
  6. To complete job-required training necessary to maintain licensure or similar standards required for holding a position, in the event that comparable training cannot be obtained in California or a different state not subject to the travel prohibition.
  7. For the protection of public health, welfare, or safety, as determined by the affected agency, department, board, authority, or commission, or by the affected legislative office.