All full-timefacultyare responsible for completing flex activities as follows:
- 2 institutional flex days (6 hours each)
- 3 departmental flex days (6 hours each)
- Individual flex activities approved by the department chair. (4 days/24 hours)
Acceptable Flex Calendar Activities per Title V, 55724 – 1 – 9:
- Course instruction and evaluation
- Staff development, in-service training, and evaluation
- Program and course curriculum resource development and evaluation
- Student personnel services
- Learning Resource Services
- Related activities such as student advising, guidance, orientation, matriculation services, and student, faculty and staff diversity
- Departmental or division meetings, conference and workshops and institutional research
- Other duties as assigned by the district
- The necessary supporting activities for the above
- Sabbatical: Faculty on sabbatical will receive credit for one institutional flex day, 2 departmental flex days ifFallsabbatical; 1 departmental flex day if Spring sabbatical; and 12 hours of individual flex hours during the sabbatical semester.
- Activities not approved: Any activity required to teach day to day or for which faculty already receive compensation.
- Note to Part-time Counseling Faculty: You are not required to complete individual flex activities, except for your instructional assignment.
- Part-time faculty: Part-timefaculty (including librarians) areresponsible for flex hours equal to one week’s assignment.
- Overload: Full-timefacultywho teach an overload are responsible for additional flex hours equal to one week’s assignment.
- Facultywho teach noncredit courses are not required to complete flex activities for this assignment.
- EmeritusCollegefaculty members are not required to complete flex activities for their Emeritus class assignments.