All Full-time and Part-time Faculty and Academic Administrator positions must be submitted through our online process. If you wish to apply for a position which is posted, go to https://jobs.smc.edu for our online application process.
All applications must be submitted online and be complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Completing the Application
Please contact the Human Resources Office at 310-434-4415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. If you require assistance with the application process due to a qualified disability under the ADA, please contact Human Resources.
You are required to create a detailed application. Any required information is denoted with an asterisk(*). However, the more information you provide, the easier it will be to effectively evaluate your skills, abilities, and qualifications.
Applicants must meet the stated minimum qualifications no later than the filing deadline or complete the Equivalency Application Statement Form if they wish to be considered. If your degree does not specifically match one of the degrees listed in the minimum qualifications, it is advised you complete the Equivalency Application Statement Form and attach it to your application. For further details regarding equivalency criteria, please download the Equivalency Application Statement Form available at https://jobs.smc.edu.
Santa Monica College will not accept FAXED applications and will not fax applications to applicants.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the district application.
- E-Mail letters of reference will not be accepted.
- All materials included in your application are considered for this position only.
- The district application and all supporting documentation including original documentation and any photocopies become the sole property of the Santa Monica Community College District and are not returned.
- Current employees must also submit transcripts and other application materials as required. To request copies of current transcripts from your personnel file, you must visit Human Resources in person (with proper I.D.) Employee files are not forwarded to screening committees and/or hiring supervisors.
Please note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials are received on or before the closing date.
Application Process and Required Materials
The online announcement for each position will include a list of required documents. As a rule, faculty positions require the following:
- Online application (please complete all sections of the application)
- A current and complete resume of education and professional experience (Attach document)
- Unofficial transcripts (Attach document)
*A copy of an academic transcript from an accredited institution of higher education must accompany all applications for part-time faculty positions. The type of degree and date degree awarded must appear on the transcript. If you have academic credentials from non-U.S. institutions, you will need to include an evaluation of your credentials. Upon hire, you will be required to provide official copies of transcripts for any degrees required for the position.
Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Academic Transcripts for Faculty Positions
A copy of an academic transcript from an accredited institution of higher education must accompany all applications for faculty positions. The type of degree and date degree awarded must appear on the transcript.
- If you have academic credentials from non-U.S. institutions, you will need to include an evaluation of your credentials.
- You may scan your transcript(s) and attach them as a ".pdf" document if you have access to a scanner.
Attaching transcripts will ensure they are received with your application.
- No Access to Scanner? - You may mail or hand-deliver a copy of your transcripts to the Human Resources Office. The copy must be received by the closing date.
Santa Monica College
Office of Human Resources
1900 Pico Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90405-1628
Human Resources Office
2714 Pico Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Graduates from Non-U.S. Institutions
Applicants who are graduates from non-U.S. institutions must provide a transcript evaluation from an international credential evaluation agency to confirm that their degree is equivalent to an Associate, Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate degree awarded in the United States. The transcript evaluation should permit Santa Monica College to verify that you have the required degree or the required semester or quarter hours of credit in the required discipline as advertised in the position announcement. To assist you in locating companies that provide this service, the following list has been provided.
Office of International Education Services
1 DuPont Circle, NW; Suite#370
Washington, DC 20036-1110
Academic & Professional International
P.O. Box 5787
Los Alamitos, CA 97021
Center for Applied Research, Evaluation & Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817-8358
(714) 237-9272 – (714) 237-9276
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Foundation for International Services, Inc.
21540 30th Drive SE, Suite 320
Bothell, WA 98021
Globe Language Services
319 Broadway New York, NY 10007
International Education Evaluations, Inc.
7900 Matthews - Mint Hill Rd., Suite 300
Charlotte, NC 28227
FAX: (704) 545-2484
International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3655
World Education Services, Inc.
World Communications International, Inc.
Credentials Evaluation Center
4501 North 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Santa Monica College does not endorse any of these agencies. This listing is provided for the convenience of the applicant. There may be other transcript evaluation agencies you may choose to contact. A letter of inquiry should be sent to the evaluation service of your choice for the application, information, and fee structure, before submitting documents.
The selection process shall include the following steps:
- Part-Time positions may be advertised with a closing date to fill an immediate vacancy.
- Applications may also be accepted to create an applicant pool of qualified candidates considered for upcoming part-time positions.
- In the event of an opening, qualified candidates will be contacted directly by the Department Chair authorized to hire instructors.
- Applicants will be notified by letter or email of their status.
The Santa Monica Community College District reserves the right to contact the current or most recent employer of any candidate and to investigate past employment records.
The Santa Monica Community College District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay filling the position indefinitely if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
For Santa Monica Community College Campuses & Program Sites please go to the website below:
For Airport, Hotel and traveling information please go to the Santa Monica Convention and Visitor Bureau
Conditions of Employment
Appointment subject to verification of official transcripts, current or previous employment, tuberculosis exam, and fingerprint clearance. The selected candidate must provide identification and work authorization.