Information & Resources
Promotional - The selection of an employee through a competitive selection process into a vacant position in a different classification with a higher salary range, including a higher maximum salary rate.
Position Transfer - The transfer of an employee into a vacant position within the employee's same classification which results in a change in department or change in supervisor. Note: Employees can use the transfer process to apply for a shift change (CSEA CBA, Article 6, 6.1.1).
Lateral Transfer - The selection of an employee to a vacant position in a similar or related classification with the same or lower salary range (selected employee must service a probationary period in the new class). Salary range information can be viewed by clicking here.
Voluntary Demotion - An action initiated by the employee that results in a change in their assignment to a position in a different, but related classification which is allocated to a lower salary range.
|Position & Eligibility List Name||Expiration Date|
|Academic Records Evaluator||2/9/2023|
|Administrative Assistant III - Confidential||3/9/2023|
|Assistant Director of Facilities Planning & Construction||11/17/2022|
|Associate Programmer Analyst||3/30/2023|
|Campus Safety Officer||5/1/2023|
|Case Management Coordinator||12/19/2022|
|Community College Police Captain||10/25/2022|
|Community College Police Dispatcher||3/29/2023|
|Custodial Operations Supervisor||11/21/2022|
|Director of Human Resources||10/17/2022|
|Director of Marketing & Communications||6/15/2023|
|Director of Public Information||5/5/2023|
|Director of Web and Social Media Strategy||12/7/2022|
|Enrollment Services Specialist||3/14/2023|
|Enterprise Business Services Clerk||8/8/2023|
|Facilities Maintenance Supervisor||2/27/2023|
|Financial Aid Systems Specialist||10/21/2022|
|Health Sciences Learning Lab Specialist||7/24/2023|
|Human Resources Technician||7/28/2023|
|Instructional Assistant - English||4/18/2023|
|Instructional Assistant - Math||6/23/2023|
|International Student Services Specialist||9/22/2022|
|Lead Receiving, Stockroom and Delivery Worker||2/16/2023|
|Lead Theater Technician||4/18/2023|
|Media Resources Assistant||8/18/2023|
|Outreach & Recruitment Specialist||10/20/2022|
|Research & Planning Analyst||1/3/2023|
|Senior Academic Records Evaluator||7/27/2023|
|Stage Construction Technician - Sound||3/28/2023|
|Stage Construction Technician-Lighting||6/30/2023|
|Student Services Assistant||12/8/2022|
|Student Services Clerk||12/8/2022|
|Student Services Specialist||1/10/2023|
|Web Services Coordinator||5/17/2023|
Useful information for navigating Classification & Compensation:
A guide to completing the Position Description Questionnaire:
The PDQ is a form of job documentation used to gather information from the incumbent in a particular job. It is the primary source of input requested from employees during the cyclical review of job descriptions and reclassification requests. The questionnaire is not used to evaluate performance, but rather to understand the essential duties, responsibilities, knowledge, and abilities related to the job. As the incumbent in the job, you are the job content expert and your input is critical in the job analysis process.
Consider these tips when completing a PDQ:
- Read the entire questionnaire before completing any of the questions so that you understand each section.
- Complete as much of the questionnaire as you can. Take a break for a day and complete the rest. Allow about 3 hours total to complete your questionnaire.
- Be accurate and avoid understating or overstating responsibilities.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Choose the answer that best applies to your job.
- When listing the essential job duties, include at least five and no more than ten. Make sure the percentage of job for the essential duties equals to 100%. List duties in order of importance if possible.
- Do your best describing the job and not your personal skills or experience. Focus on the position, not the person.
- Give examples as requested. You can attach additional sheets as required. Be as clear and concise as possible.
- When describing your job, consider what you do during the entire year. Your job may change from day to day, or according to the cycles of the fiscal year. If it does, please try to prioritize and generalize about the entire year.
- If you are in a job with multiple incumbents, you may complete your PDQ as an individual, or work with other employees to complete it as a group.
- We suggest that you keep a copy of the document for your records.
- Your supervisor will have a chance to review and comment on a separate page. The content you submitted will not be amended by your supervisor. You can also submit the questionnaire directly to us once you finish. We will connect with your supervisor to get the appropriate signatures.