"Preboarding" is the period of time between the new hire accepting an offer of employment and their first day of active employment with the District. This component of the Onboarding process will include involvement of the Office of Human Resources and the new hires immediate supervisor.
Office of Human Resources
The Office of Human Resources - Operations Team welcomes the new hire as well as schedules time to complete and collect the necessary pre-employment paperwork. These meetings will also provide the new hire with an overview of their District paid and voluntary benefits available to the individual and any qualifying dependents.
The immediate supervisor welcomes the new hire and ensures they are prepared for their arrival to the department. This will include providing the new hire with answers to some common questions:
- Who should I check-in with when I arrive?
- How do I reach you if there is a challenge prior to my arrival?
- Is there any department specific dress code or considerations?
- What should I bring with me?
- What do most people do for lunch?