Thursday, June 2 at 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. by RSVP
By RSVP Only - RSVP by May 31
Graduates: check your email on Friday, May 13 (evening) for RSVP info
SMC Main Campus - Quad Area
We are excited to offer our first ever Grad Fest event at SMC to our graduates!
COVID-19 protocols will be followed. Graduates and event staff must wear face masks if proper social distancing of 6 ft. cannot be maintianed. Proof of vaccination is not required. However, if you are unvaccinated, to stay compliant with SMC policy, you must stay masked the whole time--even though you are outdoors; unvaccinated persons cannot enter SMC buildings at any point.
What Is Grad Fest?
- Free Regalia: The first 1,100 students who RSVP to participate in Grad Walk Celebration, and attend Grad Fest, will get a FREE mortar board/cap, tassel, gown courtesy of the Associated Students. If you already bought your regalia at the SMC Bookstore, you may return it for a refund so you may get the free set at Grad Fest (see caveats below)!
- Special Programs: Participating Special Programs will provide sashes/chords to their graduating students.
- Cap Decorating: We will have cap decorating tables with a lot of things to decorate your mortar board for free (courtesy of Admissions & Records).
- Cap Decorating Contest: To enter (even if you do not attend Grad Fest), simply post a photo of your decorated graduation cap to Instagram and tag #SnapMyCap and @smcedu. Post your picture on or before June 12th. The winner of our grand prize will be announced on Instagram and other college publications. All participants must adhere to SMC’s Student Conduct Rules. Have fun, be creative with your design!
*Caveats on Free Graduation Regalia
- We cannot guarantee that your specific gown size will be available. Regalia will be given on a first come, first-served basis.
- You must know your height as you will not be able to try on the gown.
- If you cannot attend Grad Fest, and if supplies are available, you can pick-up your graduation regalia at the cafeteria between June 6 and June 8. If we still have any remaining, we will provide them at Grad Walk (this is not guaranteed).
Can I bring guests?
This event is a graduating student event only. You will be picking up your regalia, and optionally decorate your cap with materials we provide. Nothing is being planned for family/guests.
If you require accommodations, please contact the Center for Students with Disabilities at 310-434-4265 or email@example.com at least 5 days in advance. The Center’s staff will then work with our Commencement staff to ensure approved accommodations are met.
Still Unsure About Grad Walk?
Watch the video below for last year's event