Congratulations on your impending graduation from Santa Monica College! We look forward to seeing you walk on stage at our next Commencement Ceremony. If you intend to graduate this year, be aware of the graduation petition deadlines. Admissions & Records staff have prepared a Graduation & Commencemnt Guide (below) to help you get ready for graduation and commencement.
Commencement Ceremony FAQ
- Caps, gowns, and honor sashes will be on sale in the Bookstore beginning May 6th at a cost of $40 + tax.
- Interaction Design degree graduates may rent their bachelor degree regalia at a cost of $32 + tax, and will require a credit card to secure the transaction.
- Graduates designated as honor students may purchase the honor sashes after receiving an email from Admissions & Records telling you which sash may be purchased.
- Announcements and assorted gifts for the graduate will be available for sale at the Bookstore. For more details about the bookstore's hours and location, visit the SMC Bookstore.
- The SMC Bookstore will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Commencement day.
- Flowers and flower strands for graduation may be purchased on-site.
- Official photos will be taken by GradImages. Pre-register with you contact information and get a 20% discount on your purchases.