Your Enrollment Checklist
You will not be able to enroll until holds are cleared. If you have a hold, a message will appear when you log in to Corsair Connect. Read the instructions carefully on how to remove the hold.
On your own
- Thousands of students enroll each term, so being ready early is important.
- Review the schedule of classes ahead of time and have the 4-digit section numbers for your classes handy.
- Use Schedule Planner in Corsair Connect to prepare your perfect schedule.
- Have some backup classes--just in case.
Connect with a Counselor
- Visit the Counseling website
- Find the best counseling service to meet your needs
- TIP: Connect early, bookings go quick
- Every counselor will tell you, use MyEdPlan. This award-winning education planner allows you to set goals and see your progress. You can also send your education plan for review by a counselor. Use the My EdPlan link to log in, see upcoming workshops, and learn more about this amazing tool.
- Enroll ONLINE using Corsair Connect On or After your enrollment date. Use the Corsair Connect Guide if you need help enrolling, or check out these enrollment videos.
For ANY On Ground/On Campus class enrollment, you must have pre-approved proof of full vaccination.
- Approval must be completed BEFORE enrollment
- Approval can take up to 14 days to process
Winter/Spring 2022 Exemption Questions
ONLY medical, disability, and pregnancy deferral exceptions (with mandatory testing) will be considered
- Personal or religious belief exemptions WILL NOT be considered
- Partial vaccinations WILL NOT be accepted
If you ONLY enroll in Online classes, proof of vaccination is NOT required
- However, if you visit ANY SMC campus or service in person (some appointments required), proof of vaccination IS REQUIRED
- Add yourself to the Open Seat Notification List or Wait List for any classes that are full. Wait Lists open 2 weeks before the semester starts, don't miss it. After joining either list, availability notifications are sent via email, so check it often.
- Purchase your textbooks online at the SMC Bookstore.
Pay your fees on time!
Did you know students can get dropped from classes for non-payment of fees? TRUE!
- Pay before the deadline, or you will be dropped.
- After the deadline, you must pay the SAME DAY you enroll, or you will be dropped.
Use the Corsair Connect Guide if you have questions about adding classes or paying fees.
Pay your fees Online in Corsair Connect to avoid being dropped for non-payment. If you have questions about payment or fees, contact the Cashier's Office. The Cashier's Office can also issue your student ID!
Check your Financial Aid if you want to know the status of your award, or find out when to expect your disbursement. Follow these steps:
Log in to Corsair Connect
Find the section on the left called “SMC Quick Links”
Click “Financial Aid”
If you haven't done so already, apply for Financial Aid. This process can take time, so to get your money as early as possible you should apply as early as possible.