Your Enrollment Checklist
You will not be able to enroll until holds are cleared. If you have a hold, a message will appear when you log in to Corsair Connect. Read the instructions carefully on how to remove the hold.
On your own
- Thousands of students enroll each term, so being ready early is important.
- Review the schedule of classes ahead of time and have the section numbers for your classes handy.
- Use Schedule Planner in Corsair Connect to prepare your perfect schedule.
- Have some backup classes--just in case.
See a Counselor
- Log in to Corsair Connect to setup an appointment
- Find the section on the left called “SMC Quick Links”
- Click “Book a Counseling Appointment”
- You can choose a day, time, and even a specific counselor. Counselors can also assist with MyEdPlan, review your placement, or clear a prerequisite for math, English, or ESL.
- Every counselor will tell you, use MyEdPlan. This award-winning education planner allows you to set goals and see your progress. You can also send your education plan for review by a counselor. Use the My EdPlan link to log in, see upcoming workshops, and learn more about this amazing tool.
- Enroll online using Corsair Connect on or after your enrollment date. Use the Corsair Connect Guide if you need help enrolling.
- Add yourself to the Open Seat Notification List or Wait List for any classes that are full. Wait Lists open 2 weeks before the semester starts. After joining, availability notifications are sent via email.
- Purchase your textbooks online at the SMC Bookstore.
Pay your fees on time!
Did you know students can get dropped from classes for non-payment of fees? TRUE!
Use the Corsair Connect Guide if you have questions about adding classes or paying fees.
Pay your fees Online in Corsair Connect to avoid being dropped for non-payment, or if you prefer to pay in person, visit the Cashier's Office. The Cashier's Office is also where you get your student ID!
Check your Financial Aid if you want to know the status of your award, or find out when to expect your disbursement. Follow these steps:
Log in to Corsair Connect
Find the section on the left called “SMC Quick Links”
Click “Financial Aid”
If you haven't done so already, apply for Financial Aid. This process can take time, so to get your money as early as possible you should apply as early as possible.
For any general questions please visit our brand-new Student Services Center. Most of our services are now in one easy location; look for our Welcome desk on the ground floor to get started!
Attending SMC right out of a California high school? Visit Admissions & Records to see if you qualify for 2 years of free enrollment with the Santa Monica College Promise!