Applying to SMC is Easy!
Follow the steps below to apply and enroll at SMC.
Note: Parents should not complete the application on behalf of the student, but may assist.
- Create an OpenCCC account first. You will need a real email address. This address
should be your personal email account--not your parent's or that belonging to someone else. If you already have an OpenCCC account, just log in.
Returning Students: If you used an SMC.EDU email account on your OpenCCC account, you must change the email address to a personal email account. Using an SMC account will prevent the processing of your application.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check your email after you have applied. Your SMC ID number and three emails will be sent by Admissions & Records within the hour with further instructions (check junk mail if you did not receive it).
- Once you have applied, you will get an email informing you if Orientation is required. New students must generally complete the orientation in order to receive an enrollment date and enroll in classes.
- Once you have applied, you will get an email informing you how to review your course
placement in Corsair Connect. If necessary, you can complete the placement process there!
- New students must generally complete the orientation in order to receive an enrollment date and enroll in classes. placement, and education planning are required. See a counselor to help select your classes.
- Meet with a counselor to assist you with your education plan, course selections, transfer
questions, and to learn about campus resources.
- Create your own education plan using the award-winning MyEdPlan. You can submit your ed plan for counselor review right from MyEdPlan.
- Once you complete all steps above, you will be able to enroll in classes for the term you applied for. You may enroll on or after your enrollment date and time.
- Find your enrollment date and time, and also enroll in classes on Corsair Connect.
- Effective Winter/Spring 2022, on-ground class enrollment requires pre-approved proof of vaccination. Online class enrollment does not require proof of vaccination (details at Vaccines).
- Finish your degree or certificate faster by enrolling in 12-15 units in fall and spring semesters.
- Review the Schedule of Classes and then enroll on your student portal, Corsair Connect.