Concurrent Enrollment Steps
- Apply to SMC.
- Application takes about 15-20 minutes.
- If you previously applied for admission, you do not need to reapply so long as you have not changed schools and you remain a high school student.
- Avoid using temporary school email addresses on the application as these will prevent SMC from getting your application.
- Once your CCCApply Application is Received by SMC
- Usually within 15 minutes but can extend to 24 hours.
- You will get a Welcome to SMC email with your SMC ID number asking you to verify your personal email address. Once your do, you will receive two additional emails:
- SMC Account Information email - follow the instructions to set up your SMC account. This email contains your SMC username and a temporary passcode. This is a required step. You will create a personal password here.
- Your SMC Admissions Tasks email - follow up with any required items noted on this email.
- Your username and password are needed to complete the High School Concurrent Enrollment application, and to later enroll in classes on your student portal, Corsair Connect
- A High School Concurrent Enrollment application is needed every term--one application per term. The application is all online!
- Your username is required
- Your username is everything to the left of your SMC email address
- Email adress example: Doe_John@student.smc.edu
- Username is: Doe_John
- Processingthe application after all approvals are obtained may take 5-7 days (sometimes longer).
- After submitting the application, check your email for confirmation and your next steps.
Before you complete your HSCE application:
- Have correct name and email addresses for your parent, counselor, and school principal. Approval is required from them. Approval is electronic. SMC will seek approval by contacting them at the email addresses you provide. School Principal approval is required for SUMMER classes only.
- Have a full high school transcript from your school (PDF) and upload with your HSCE application.
- If you attend a homeschool, you must upload a official private (homeschool) affidavit--the one filed with the State for the current academic year.
- Speak with your high school counselor to go over and pre-approve the classes you want to take.
- Check the Schedule of Classes for the appropriate term to ensure the class you want will be taught. You will be asked on the HSCE application which classes you want to take. On the Schedule of Classes, do not search for "Dual Enrollment" classes. Go to the Class Information page to learn more.
Placement is required only if the course you want to take has an English or Math prerequisite.
- Login to Corsair Connect, click on the "Placement" tab, and follow instructions.
- If you place into a higher class than the prerequisite you are trying to meet, you are all set.
Once your HSCE application is approved by SMC Admissions and Records, you will receive an email with your approved courses.
- Admissions and Records staff will input the courses for which you have been approved
into the enrollment system. You will receive an email informing you of this approval
and your next steps.
- The confirmation email will be sent to the personal email submitted on the original application.
- You may self-enroll in the approved courses (up to 6 units or 2 classes, whichever is greater) per term--on or after your designated enrollment date.
- If your second class will take you over 6 units, the system will not allow you to add the class. Please email email@example.com with the semester and class section information to enroll in the course. You will be added to the course if space is available.
Once you receive the email from Admissions and Records telling you that you have been approved:
- Don't miss your enrollment date/time for the best chance to get into classes.
- Enroll through your student portal, Corsair Connect.
- You can enroll up until when classes start, after which you will need an Instructor Approval Code. Go to our Class Information to learn more.
- Your tuition is FREE*, but you must pay other applicable fees (mandatory health fee: $18-$21 per term; student ID card: $13; student representation fee: $2 per term; parking permit, if needed; books/supplies).
- Buy your books at the SMC Bookstore.
- Attend courses when the term starts. Don't miss the first week!
- You are responsible for all deadlines. This is college and a college transcript will be created.