Steps To Join
- You must submit a HSCE application every term you want to enroll (one application per term)
- Speak with your high school counselor to go over and approve the classes you want to take.
- Check the Schedule of Classes for available classes/times (do not search for "Dual Enrollment" classes). Go to the Class Information page to learn more.
- Get digital signatures from your parent and high school counselor. (School Principle signature required for SUMMER classes only.) If either of these individuals cannot sign your application digitally, follow our "Getting Signatures" alternative.
- Get a full transcript from your school and turn it in with your HSCE application.
- If you attend a homeschool, you will also have to submit an official private (homeschool) affidavit filed with the state for the current academic year.
Now English and Math placements can be completed and viewed right inside of Corsair Connect! And if you have any prerequisite waivers that you would like to request, you can begin that process in Corsair Connect also.
- Email your HSCE application AND high school transcript as a single PDF document to email@example.com.
- It may take up to 5 business days to process the application.
- If you have questions, send an email at the same address, or add yourself to the Admissions QLess Line to speak to a staff member.
- Check SMC Admissions for office hours.
- Admissions and Records staff will input the courses for which you have been approved into the enrollment system. You will receive an email informing you of this approval and your next steps.
- The confirmation email will be sent to the personal email submitted on the original application.
- You may self-enroll in pre-approved courses up to 6 units or 2 classes (whichever is greater) per term on or after your designated enrollment date.
- If your second class will take you over 6 units, the system will not allow you to add the class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the semester and class section information to enroll in the course. You will be added to the course if space permits.
- Don't miss your enrollment date/time for the best chance to get into classes.
- Enroll through your student portal, Corsair Connect. if you need assistance with using Corsair Connect, use this Corsair Connect Guide.
- You can enroll up until when classes start, after which you will need an Instructor Approval Code. Go to our Class Information to learn more.
- Your tuition is FREE*, but you must pay other applicable fees (mandatory health fee: $18-$21 per term; student ID card: $13; student representation fee: $2 per term; parking permit, if needed; books/supplies).
- Buy your books at the SMC Bookstore.
- Attend courses when the term starts. Don't miss the first week!
- You are responsible for all deadlines. This is college and a college transcript will be created.
*Free tuition is only available to California high school students. Out-of-state high school students can still take courses for college credit but must still pay for their tuition.