Dance Camera West aims to foster groundbreaking talent and to encourage new work in the are of dance film by supporting creation, presentation and distribution of films.
DCW presents an annual international festival held at renowned arts venues throughout Los Angeles, and informative and educational events throughout the year, to bring dance to the world beyond the stage and through the language of film.
*Available for one week
**Open to all students currently enrolled in an SMC dance course. Contact Vanessa Van Wormer at email@example.com for questions
Dance for Camera Week
Join the SMC Dance Department and The Broad Stage for an immersive week of workshops exploring dance for the camera. This week focuses on creating choreography for the camera, providing an overview of the history and practice of dance film, and introduction to cutting edge dance filmmakers and festivals.
- Sunday, February 28, 7 p.m.: Screening, Dance Camera West 2021 Festival (available for one week)
- Monday, March 1, 1-3 p.m.: screendance workshop | part 1
- Tuesday, March 2, 12:30-2 p.m.: dancing with devices | filming the moving body
- Wednesday, March 3, 1-3 p.m.: screendance workshop | part 2
- Thursday, March 4, 12:30-2 p.m.: dance & technology | designing for interaction with technology