The Purpose of the Foundation as set forth in its Articles of Incorporation are to:
- Promote, foster and help provide scientific, literary, educational and recreational programs and facilities at Santa Monica College;
- Provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, loans and other financial assistance to approved students, members of the faculty, alumni and programs of Santa Monica College and its entities;
- Promote and foster educational programs including but not limited to the visual and performing arts, broadcast and emeritus partners as entities of Santa Monica College;
- Raise and expend monies for the general welfare of the students, staff, faculty and programs of Santa Monica College and it entities;
- Receive gifts, bequests or devises either outright or as trustee or beneficiary of a trust; to hold, transfer, buy sell, invest or reinvest real property, cash, stocks and bonds and all other evidences of value.