Who to Contact for Help
- Email StudentITHelp@smc.edu for login and accounts issues with SMC Network, Gmail, Office 365, and Adobe
- Directly contact Admissions, Counseling, and Canvas for other questions.
SMC understands some students have no other access to the technology you may need to complete coursework.
- Notify your instructor immediately so that SMC might help identify the needed resource.
- If you’re part of a special program at SMC, contact your counselor.
Los Angeles County
SMC WiFi at Bundy Campus East Parking Lot
How to Access WiFi
- Visit Bundy Campus East Parking Lot from Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- You must be a currently enrolled SMC student.
- See a Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO) at the Bundy campus for a permit.
- Log in with your SMC user name and password.
- Maximum time limits may be imposed.
- Look for signage indicating WiFi area.
Contact companies below to get the latest updated information on promotions for low-income families.
- Comcast: 855-846-8376 (English) or 855-765-6995 (Spanish)
- CollegeBuys E-Store: Provides up to 80% discount on technology software and hardware for CCC students, faculty and staff. Products available through the store include discounted internet hotspots/service through California Connects, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Professional Plus, laptops – both new and refurbished, Apple products, and more.
- Using Your Smart Phone as a Hotspot: If you do not have access to Internet at home, you may be able to use your phone to connect your computer to the Internet.
- Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots: Open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas.
- CollegeBuys California Connects Mobile Hotspots: For $19.99 per month (after initial one-time purchase of device for $79.99), CCC students, faculty and staff can connect up to 10 devices to the California Connects mobile hotspot anytime and anywhere in the United States to study, work, create, and stay connected. Service can be canceled and reactivated anytime without penalty. Nearly 2,000 CCC students, faculty and staff currently use California Connects as their primary source of broadband connectivity.
- Santa Monica City Hotspots
See a map of places to access free WiFi.
Free Software & Subscriptions
- The CollegeBuys E-Store: Provides up to 80% discount on software and hardware for CCC students, faculty and staff. Products available through the store include discounted internet hotspots/service through California Connects, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Professional Plus, laptops – both new and refurbished, Apple products, and more.
Navigate Online Environments
3CSN is hosting a series of Zoom online sessions to help faculty, staff, and students navigate online environments. Sessions include learning the basics of both Zoom and Canvas. Sessions will be limited to 50 participants. You can find a full schedule of sessions and times here.
All sessions will use the same Zoom meeting information.
Remote Instruction Checklist
|Canvas Course Chat|
|Course Home Page|
Educational Zoom meetings with a course Instructor
|Additional Help Resources|