Who to Contact for Help
For help with most SMC computer information technology (logins, student email, Google applications, Microsoft 365, Virtual Computer Lab, and more), contact the Student Information Technology Help Line.
- Directly contact Admissions, Counseling, and Canvas for other questions.
SMC understands some students have no other access to the technology you may need to complete coursework.
- Need a Chrome Book? First, reach out to your counselor or instructor to let them know. Next, once approved you will get an email with instructions on how to pick up your chrome book on the main campus.
- If you’re part of a special program at SMC, contact your counselor.
- Full List of Emergency Technology Resources for College Responses to COVID-19
- Canvas & Labster: Tools SMC uses with the support from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office
Los Angeles County
SMC WiFi at Bundy Campus East Parking Lot
How to Access WiFi
- Visit Bundy Campus East Parking Lot from Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- You must be a currently enrolled SMC student.
- See a Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO) at the Bundy campus for a permit.
- Log in with your SMC user name and password.
- Maximum time limits may be imposed.
- Look for signage indicating WiFi area.
Up to $50 monthly discount through the Emergency Broadband Benefit program by the Federal Communications Commission.
Contact companies below to get the latest updated information on promotions for low-income families.
- Comcast: 855-846-8376 (English) or 855-765-6995 (Spanish)
- Free Internet for South LA Residents: SoLa Impact has partnered with T-Mobile, AT&T and other partners to launch 1000 for 1000, which offers 1,000 South LA families free Wi-Fi for 1,000 days!
- CollegeBuys E-Store: Provides up to 80% discount on technology software and hardware for CCC students, faculty and staff. Products available through the store include discounted internet hotspots/service through California Connects, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Professional Plus, laptops – both new and refurbished, Apple products, and more.
- Using Your Smart Phone as a Hotspot: If you do not have access to Internet at home, you may be able to use your phone to connect your computer to the Internet.
- Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots: Open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas.
- CollegeBuys California Connects Mobile Hotspots: For $19.99 per month (after initial one-time purchase of device for $79.99), CCC students, faculty and staff can connect up to 10 devices to the California Connects mobile hotspot anytime and anywhere in the United States to study, work, create, and stay connected. Service can be canceled and reactivated anytime without penalty. Nearly 2,000 CCC students, faculty and staff currently use California Connects as their primary source of broadband connectivity.
- Santa Monica City Hotspots
See a map of places to access free WiFi.
Free Software & Subscriptions
- The CollegeBuys E-Store: Provides up to 80% discount on software and hardware for CCC students, faculty and staff. Products available through the store include discounted internet hotspots/service through California Connects, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Professional Plus, laptops – both new and refurbished, Apple products, and more.
Navigate Online Environments
3CSN is hosting a series of Zoom online sessions to help faculty, staff, and students navigate online environments. Sessions include learning the basics of both Zoom and Canvas. Sessions will be limited to 50 participants.
Remote Instruction Checklist
|Canvas Course Chat|
|Course Home Page|
Educational Zoom meetings with a course Instructor
|Additional Help Resources|