How to Provide Proof of Vaccination
Effective October 1, 2021, students enrolling in on-ground classes need to upload proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Partial vaccinations will no longer be accepted.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Form: Upload your full proof of vaccination.
- Request for Exception from COVID-19 Vaccination Program: Submit a request for medical or disability exeption. Medical and disability exceptions
require a Certification from Health Care Provider form.
- If you have an approved exemption you will need to complete mandatory testing. See Testing Locations.
- Click on the form link above.
- Enter your SMC username and password. Your username is your last, first, and middle name in this format: lastname_firstname_middlename.
- Complete and submit the form.
- If you are missing information, save your form and return once you are ready.
- Click the Save Progress button at the bottom of the page. You can return to it later by login in at smc.edu/myforms. The "MyForms" portal shows forms you have submitted and those you have in progress.
- Click Pending/Draft Forms.
- Identify the form you would like to resume and then click the Complete Form button on the right side of the screen.
- Once you have completed the missing questions/items, click the Submit button.
- Once submitted, you will be prompted to view and download a PDF version of the submitted form. You can also see it by login in at the MyForms
If you have an approved vaccination exemption, one important condition is that you get tested for COVID-19 for each day that you are on campus within 3 days prior to coming to campus.
When should I get tested?
Use the matrix below to help you decide:
I will be on-campus on:
I should get tested:
On Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (but results are needed before coming to campus on Monday)
On Saturday, Sunday, or Monday (but results are due before coming to campus on Tuesday)
On Sunday, Monday or Tuesday (but result are due before coming to campus on Wednesday)
On the Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (but results are needed before coming to campus on Thursday)
On Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday (but results are needed before coming to campus on Friday)
On Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (but results are needed before coming to campus on Saturday)
If you must come to campus on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, you can get tested on Monday and use that test for ALL their days on campus, but only if you can get those results back before class on Tuesday.
What kind of test do I have to take?
You must submit a negative PCR (not antigen) COVID-19 test taken within 3 days prior to each campus entry.
Where do I get tested?
You can find testing locations throughout Southern California.
Where do I submit my test results?
Submit your results online using our Covid-19 PCR Testing Submission Form.
Failure to submit a test result will result in cancellation of your right to be on College property.
Students who test positive are not permitted on College property and are required to submit their results for positive tests to firstname.lastname@example.org It is essential that positive tests be reported so that we can undertake contact tracing.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
All vaccinated employees must upload proof of vaccination by August 14, 2021. Unvaccinated employees must upload proof of vaccination by September 15, 2021.
Employees can submit their vaccination information by completing the Vaccination Verification Form and uploading a copy of their vaccination card.
To request an exception or deferral, view the section below called Employee Vaccine Exemptions/Deferrals.
If you are experiencing issues accessing the form, try the following:
- Open a private or incognito browser window.
- Paste the form URL: https://forms.office.com/r/pJRFwJHsRJ
- When prompted, sign in using SMC email and password.
Note: This information may be subject to change. HR is currently working with IT on an alternative solutions for collecting vaccine cards.
California Digital Vaccination Record
Everyone who is vaccinated in California can now request a digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record.
- Visit myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov to request your record.
- Be sure to use the email or cell phone number you used when you received your vaccine. It takes less than a minute to complete the request and your record is sent by email or text within seconds.
- You can take a screenshot of your record or print it out. It also includes a QR code that makes your digital COVID vaccination record readable by a QR scanner.
- You can now save your digital vaccine record to Google Pay if you have Android version 5 and Google Play Services version 21.18 or above. An Apple Wallet version will be available in the future.
- If you request your record and it can’t be found, re-enter your information. Check that your name and birthdate are correct. If your record is still missing or it has errors, call 833-422-4255. For more information, see myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/faq.
- If you lose your digital COVID-19 vaccine record, you can start the process over at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
- If you are a parent or guardian and have created multiple appointments with the same phone number or email, enter the requests one at a time to receive separate links for each vaccine record.
- Santa Monica College SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program
- August 4, 2021 - SMC Board Unanimously Approves Mandatory Vaccination Program
- August 3, 2021 - Resolution of the SMCCD Board of Trustees to Direct the Superintendent/President to Require Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccinations for All Students and Employees