New California Community Colleges Agreement with Private Colleges and Universities Marks Major Expansion of Associate Degree for Transfer Program.
Thanks to an agreement signed July 25, 2018 between the California Community Colleges and several AICCUs, California community college students who complete certain academic requirements are guaranteed transfer to a participating AICCU.
The Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) is comprised
of 78 private nonprofit colleges and universities, which make up the Independent California
Colleges and Universities (ICCU) sector. The ICCU sector plays a pivotal role in the
development of the state's model higher education offerings and in making California
a symbol of innovation across the globe. Within California, ICCU institutions award
over 20 percent of all undergraduate degrees and over 50 percent of graduate degrees,
making them the largest preparers of California's advanced workforce.
What Does an ADT to an AICCU Mean?
The ADT Commitment is the Independent California College and University sector’s adaptation of the ADT pathway. While similar to the CSU ADT, there are also some differences due to the independent nature of the state’s nonprofit institutions:
Unlike CSU, AICCU institutions are not part of a system and each campus has its own
admission and graduation requirements.
If an ADT transfer student meets all the requirements of admission to a participating institution, admission is guaranteed to that college as opposed to a system.
The ADT Commitment is:
- Guaranteed admission for the ADT students meeting admission requirements;
- Guarantees a minimum of 60 semester/90 quarter units will transfer;
- Guarantees the student starts with junior standing.
AICCU ADT Participating Institutions
- Brandman University*
- THE CHICAGO SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
- FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
- GOLDEN GATE UNIVERSITY
- HUMPHREYS UNIVERSITY
- INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
- Marymount California University*
- National University*
- UNIVERSITY OF SAINT KATHERINE
- UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST
* Santa Monica College has articulation agreements with these institutions.