Make a difference in the lives of our community, our staff and our members by volunteering at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center in acoustic remedies, care partner or general volunteer program areas.
- Acoustic Remedies: The program provides healing through music. We are seeking for individual musicians
and small ensembles to serve as volunteers and perform acoustically throughout our
facility. Your role would include rounding on our members, their families and our
staff, providing “healing
through music.” Require 2 hr/shifts rounding on members in rooms and in the waiting areas.
- Care Partner Program: The program is for nursing students, pre-nursing students, current nurses (of any level) who would like to gain exposure and a better understanding of the nursing unit, how it functions and flows as well as the role of the nurses within that unit. These volunteers conduct rounding on our members, answer call lights, provide support for our patients and our staff. This role does not allow for hands on clinical interaction.
- General Volunteers: Volunteers will work in the following Departments: PACU Waiting Area, Opthamology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pharmacy, Admissions, and other departments providing office support as well as assistance to members that are visiting those departments. They serve as liaisons between the member and the staff ensuring a smooth care experience while on our campus. Volunteers are required to complete 200 hours of service over a period of 1 year, and need to volunteer 1 four (4) hour shift per week. Must be age 16 or older.
- Los Angeles, CA (Cedars-Sinai Hospital Facility)
- This is a volunteer program. No funding is provided for participating in this program.
- One 4-hour shift per week
- Once admitted to the program, complete a minimum total of 200 hours over one year
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to communicate well in English (second language skills are a plus)
- Complete an application
- Pass the health screening
- Pass a background check
- Refer to the Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center website for application deadlines.