Men's Interview Attire
- The sleeves should taper, gradually ending just over the wrist so the shirt cuff extends
about 1/2 inch beyond the jacket sleeve.
- The pant leg bottom in the front should touch the front of the shoe and angle towards
the back of the shoe to fall just above the heel.
- Pant cuff or no cuff is a personal choice.
- Choose dark colors, such as navy, gray or coffee beige. Suit should be solid color
or subtle pinstripes.
- The fabric should be worsted wool or gabardine, a firm hard-finish durable fabric
(such as lightweight wool or rayon).
- Suit is always first choice, but if unavailable, a navy jacket or blazer with black
or navy buttons and gray or beige pants are acceptable.
The Dress Shirt
- The button down collar offers a more casual look than the more formal business style
of a point collar.
- Choose a good fit, neatly pressed.
- Best colors include white, pale blue, tan or yellow
- Always wear an undershirt. Avoid v-neck style since the neckline may show
- Your tie should be darker than your shirt and should not extend below the belt.
- Purchase several ties that compliment your suit to give your wardrobe versatility.
- Wear 100% silk (or similar looking) in solid colors or small patterns.
Women's Interview Attire
- Choose conservative colors such as black, navy, gray, tan or brown in a flattering
- The fabric should be gabardine, a firm hard•finish durable fabric such as light wool
- Suit should be a solid color or subtle pinstripes.
- A business dress, worn with a jacket, or a tailored pantsuit is acceptable.
- Avoid wearing trendy lapels or buttons.
- Make sure the skirt length is just at knee length, either right above or right below
- Wear a neutral color such as white or beige; avoid bright colors and large prints.
- Do NOT wear a low-cut or see-through blouse
Make-up and Jewelry
- Avoid bright colors and excessive amounts.
- Light shades of lip coloring and nail polish are recommended.
- Jewelry should be small and conservative. Only 1 ring per hand.
- Avoid costume jewelry
- Earrings should be small studs or clip-ons with only 1 earring per ear.
- Wear hair so it's not always falling into your face.
Shoes and Hosiery
- Do not wear open toe or open heel shoes or heels higher than 2 inches.
- Your shoe color should coordinate with your ensemble and remain in the neutral zone,
such as navy, black or taupe.
- Wear hosiery that is close to your skin color.