About Meal Project
SMC Foundation’s Meal Project provides currently enrolled Santa Monica College students who are experiencing food insecurity with extra meal support beyond Bodega, the on campus food pantry. The goal is to help students stay in school so that they can accomplish their educational aspirations without experiencing severe hunger.
Due to our limited resources, Meal Project eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis with an emphasis on serving students who are most in need of food assistance. We encourage only those who are experiencing food insecurity to sign up for Meal Project.
Meal Project Eligibility
Very Important: Please read instructions carefully, as there is a new process signing up for Meal Project as of the Fall 2023 semester.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 5 for-credit units in the current semester (or 3 for-credit units in the interim semester) to be eligible for Meal Project.
- Students can register for Meal Project by logging in using their SMC email address and filling out the form below during the open enrollment period (January 8th through February 29th, 2024 for the Spring 2024 semester).
- Registering does not guarantee enrollment into the program. Eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis with an emphasis on serving students who are most in need of food assistance.
- After registering, students will receive instructions about how to schedule an appointment with a Basic Needs Counselor regarding the required initial counselor appointment.
- When a student meets the qualifications for enrollment into Meal Project, they will be sent more information on how to use Everytable and Bento benefits.
- For questions and concerns, please contact FoodSecurity@smc.edu or speak with a Basic Needs Counselor.
If students are enrolled in less than 5 for-credit units (or 3 for-credit units in the interim semester), they will still be eligible for SMC Bodega and other food benefits, such as CalFresh. Please visit the Food Security Website for more information regarding other food resources.
Eligibility will vary depending on a need based assessment conducted with a Basic Needs Counselor.
Meal Project Programs
Fresh meals available weekly at SMC Bodega
Chef-prepared, nutritious meals that can be picked up at SMC Bodega.
Order nearby pick-up meals each month
To-go meals from participating restaurants by texting a request.
Please note: Students who qualify for Meal Project will be required to meet with one of SMC's Basic Needs Counselors. Students are only eligible to receive Meal Project benefits for one academic year.
Centralized Food Pantry
Access to non-perishable food items, fresh produce, and toiletries weekly.
All students enrolled in any classes for the current or future semester are welcome to utilize Bodega, the free on-campus food pantry for SMC students. Students do not need to apply through the form to qualify for Bodega. Students can simply provide their student ID at SMC Bodega to receive food.
Open Enrollment for Spring 2024 semester is from MONDAY, JANUARY 8TH THROUGH THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 29TH.
Please Note: Students must be enrolled in at least 5 for-credit units in the current Semester (or 3 for-credit units in the interim semester) to participate in Meal Project. Students who do not meet this requirement are not eligible for Meal Project at this time.
Please sign-in to the form below by clicking Fill out the form and using your SMC Student E-mail (you will be redirected to a Microsoft page that will also require the input of your SMC Student E-mail). If you forgot your password or student ID, visit this link for assistance. Please e-mail StudentITHelp@smc.edu if you continue to have login-related issues.