Health services provides cost-effective primary health care services to currently enrolled students who have paid the California State mandated health fee.
Services to SMC Students
The services provided to enrolled and health fee paid students include:
- Emergency/first aid treatment
- Medical care and intervention
- Nursing assessment and intervention
- Appointments with the Nurse Practioner.
- Vital signs screening (blood pressure, temperature, respiration, oxygen saturation)
- Tuberculin (Mantoux) skin test
- Finger stick blood sugar check
- Over the counter (OTC) medication
- Blood Mobile Donation
- Health related pamphlets and literature
- HIV testing and counseling administered by Common Ground Clinic
- STD/STI screening and referrals to clinics
- Gynecological services and STD/STI screening (limited) conducted by Westside Family Health Clinic (WFHC) for urgent matters please call 310-450-2191. New location: 3861 Sepulveda Blvd. Culver City, California, 90230.
- Information on optional student medical and dental insurance. Brochures available at the front counter in Health Center.
- Do you have poor vision and are experiencing financial difficulty aquiring a pair of glasses? SMC is here for you! Please fill out this form Glasses for Classes and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a pair of free glasses.