Health services provides cost-effective primary health care services to currently enrolled students who have paid the California State mandated health fee.
Services to SMC Students
The services provided to enrolled and health fee paid students include:
- Emergency/first aid treatment
- Medical care and intervention
- Nursing assessment and intervention
- Appointments with the Nurse Practitioner.
- Vital signs screening (blood pressure, temperature, respiration, oxygen saturation)
- Tuberculin (Mantoux) skin test
- Finger stick blood sugar check
- Over the counter (OTC) medication
- Blood Mobile Donation
- Health related pamphlets and literature
- HIV testing and counseling administered by Common Ground Clinic
- STD/STI screening and referrals to clinics
Family Planning Resources for termination of pregnancy:
Planned Parenthood: to schedule an appointment please call 800-576-5544
1316 3rd str. Promenade # 201,
Santa Monica, CA, 90201
UCLA OBGYN Clinic: to schedule an appointment please call 310-825-5961
1010 Veteran Ave. Los Angeles,
Her Smart Choice: to schedule an appointment please call 213-944-8088
7220 Woodman Ave #106, Van Nuys,
- Gynecological services and STD/STI screening (limited) conducted by Westside Family Health Clinic (WFHC) for urgent matters please call 310-450-2191. New location: 3861 Sepulveda Blvd. Culver City, California, 90230.
Westside Family Health Center Clinic will be providing services here at the SMC Student Health Center every first Tuesday of the month from 8:30am to 2:00pm. Services provided are:
- Birth control
- Pregnancy testing
- Rapid HIV testing
- STI screening and treatment
- Emergency contraception
- Safe sex kits
Please call us at 310-434-4262 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and or to schedule an appointment. You can also call the clinic directly at 310 450 2191 x215, 246, 247 to schedule an appointment.
- HIV Clinic by Common Ground will be providing free testing from 10:00am to 1:00pm every first and third Thursday of the month here at SMC Student Health Center. Walk ins are welcome. Home test kits are available
- Information on optional student medical and dental insurance. Brochures available at the front counter in Health Center.
- Do you have poor vision and are experiencing financial difficulty acquiring a pair of glasses? SMC is here for you! Please fill out this form Glasses for Classes and mail to email@example.com to be considered for a pair of free glasses.