Traffic Accidents


College Police will take a report for traffic accidents that occur on campus. College Police reports do not assign fault. Our reports contain the facts as reported to us by the involved party/parties.

State law says the driver of any motor vehicle “who is in any manner involved in an accident” in this state (or his/her designated representative) must report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within 10 days if anyone was injured or killed, or if there was more than $500.00 damage to any one person’s property. The law requires this report regardless of fault. The report must be made on a SR-1 form. Driver’s must also exchange their insurance company’s name and address, and their policy number, at the accident scene. If you would like a copy of the SR-1 form.