Congratulations to the SMC Chapter 36 Negotiating team for successfully settling the successor contract for 2021- 2024! This is a great accomplishment and a testament to the hard work and collaboration of all involved. The new contract will provide both ongoing salary increases and a one-time salary payment, plus additional benefits in our collective bargaining agreement. We are excited to see the positive impact this will have on our members and we look forward to continuing productive negotiations with the District during the next bargaining session in 2024!
The agreement includes several beneficial changes to our collective bargaining agreement to include:
- Article 11 - Wages
- An ongoing salary increase of 7.5% retroactive to July 1, 2021.
- An ongoing salary increase of 2.5% retroactive to July 1, 2022.
- On July 1, 2023, the salary schedules shall be increased by 75% of the actually-received COLA in the adopted budget.
- A one-time payment of $3,000 for each unit member employed at the time of ratification for the 2022-23 fiscal year; part-time unit member shall receive a proportionate payment based on the ratio of the number of hours their regular assignment bears to an eight-hour work day.
- Information Session - we will review a summary of the the tentative agreement is scheduled for January 5, 2023.
- Ratification - We will plan to ratify the contract on January 12, 2023 via zoom.
More information will be available after the Holiday Break. The tentative agreement is available under the Current Contracts & MOUs section below for your review. Please send any questions or comments to our firstname.lastname@example.org email or Chapter 36 Teams channel.
January 5, 2023 - Information Session to review a summary of articles in the tentative agreement.
January 12, 2023 - Ratification of contract.
January 12, 2023 - Majority voted to ratify the contract.
Total votes: 241
Yes: 237 (98.34%)
No: 4 (1.65%)
Board Approved January 17, 2023