- If your enrollment forms are turned into the Office of Human Resources within 60 days of your hire date, your health benefits will be effective the first of the month after they are received by the Office of Human Resources. If they are turned in after the 60 days, there is a 90 day waiting period.
- Qualified dependents are spouse, registered domestic partner; children, adopted children, and court appointed children. Effective January 01, 2011, children up to the age of 26 will be considered qualified dependents regardless of their place of residence or married status. Proof of dependency is required: i.e., marriage certificate or birth certificates (copies are acceptable).
- No. Employees can enroll their immediate family members: spouse, registered domestic partner; children, adopted children, and court appointed children.
- Full-time employees may change their health coverage each fall during Open Enrollment. This period typically runs from mid September through mid October, but call the Office of Human Resources, 310.434.4415 for more precise information.
- As a full-time employee, the premiums for PERS Choice PPO plan and the HMO plans are fully paid for by the District. If a full-time employee chooses PERSCare, the District will pay the premium up to the amount paid by the District for PERS Choice PPO and the employee will pay the difference via a payroll deduction for the employee and qualified dependents. Note that premiums are paid on a tenthly system (September through June).
- As a full-time employee, the District will fully pay premiums for Dental and Vision for the employee and qualified dependents.
- As a permanent part-time employee, you are entitled to District paid Dental and Vision for you and your qualified dependents. If you also choose a health plan provider, payroll deductions based on your hours worked will be made.
- Your eligibility for Benefits is based on your primary position. You can receive benefits; however, you must pay half of the monthly premium by payroll deduction.
- All life changing events: births, adoptions, deaths, marriage, divorce, should be disclosed to the Office of Human Resources, attention: Benefits Department. Benefits, beneficiaries and emergency contacts should be updated at that time as well.