Professional Development Programs for Classified Staff (CSEA-Represented Employees)
The Admissions & Records Office waives tuition for classified employees. Employees may also receive reimbursement for required instructional materials.
Permanent employees may apply for and receive reimbursement of tuition, registration, and/or cost of books or materials for classes, conferences, or workshops taken during the employee's non-work hours.
Permanent employees may be eligible for an educational pay differential for successful completion of approved educational training.
**Submissions for requests are currently accepted**
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Working at Santa Monica College is qualifying employment for the Public Service Loan Forgivness (PSLF) program. To qualify you must:
- work for a government agency or for certain types of nonprofit organizations (Santa Monica College qualifies),
- work full-time (at least 30 hours per week). If part-time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the public service loan calculator which will accompany your certification form,
- have Direct Loans (or consolidate other federal student loans to qualify),
- repay loans on an income-driven repayment plan,
- make 120 qualifying payments (over 10 years)
Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN): 95-276-7537
Other Useful Links
For additional information or questions, please contact
Office of Human Resources
310-434-4415 / ProfDevelopment@smc.edu