Calendar is for Student Events
- Calendar is for student events only.
- If you'd like to post staff or faculty only events, you can use the gapps account to embed a Google Calendar.
How to Access the Calendar
- Request access by emailing email@example.com.
- Two ways to log in:
- Direct link: Calendar Admin
- Login to OU. In the blue bar at the top, hover over Add-Ons. Click Calendar Administration.
- Login with your full email address and password.
How to Create Events
Note: Events with physical locations and requiring staff support must be approved by Facilities Programming before posting on the calendar.
- Make sure it is title-cased and less than 6 words. Put more info under Description.
Example: "Scholarship Workshop" or "UCLA Visits SMC".
- "UCs" and "CSUs" do not have an apostrophe before the "s" because it is not possessive.
- "FAQ" stands for "Frequently Asked Questions" (plural). You do not need to add an "s" after FAQ.
- Make sure it is clear and concise.
- No longer than 1-2 sentences.
- Include a link for more information.
- Helpful for filtering events.
- Use general names so events are easier to find.
Example: "Dance" instead of "Masters of Dance".
- Featured is managed by marketing and is subject to review.
- This part is internal use only. Information will not display publicly.
- Do not put the URL here. Put it in the Description.
How to Upload Images
- When you create an event, the third field is Image URL. This means you need to add the link for the image.
- To add an image:
- Make sure image is 825 x 464 pixels in 96 pixel web resolution. If you submitted a marketing request, graphic designers will provide in this size.
- Place the image in this images > calendar folder under the relevant category folder. You can drag and drop or click Upload.
- Hover over the image and click Publish.
- Get the Image URL by:
- Clicking Production on the right end of the grey bar below the green Publish button.
- Hover over the image and click View. A new window opens.
- Copy URL and place into Image URL field mentioned in step #1.
How to Import
See Importing Events.
How to Add Calendar Display on Your Website
Example: Planetarium Events
- Select Snippet in the top editor bar.
- Search OU Calendar Display at the top using Filter by name.
- Add Heading. Example: "Upcoming Planetarium Shows"
- Background Image. Select the image icon in the editor bar and insert /images/backgrounds/bg-calendar_brush.png
- Filter Categories: Get the exact category name with no spaces by looking at the list of categories on the Calendar. Make sure there are no extra characters or this will not show.
Go to Calendar.
Benefits of this Calendar Module
- Add events to personal calendar.
- Filter events by category.
- Showcase specific categories on specific websites. Example: Feature planetarium events on the planetarium website.
- Can serve as master calendar!
Online Transition for Events
To explore options for non-instructional events, email Facilities Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org.