How to Start a Channel
In consultation with the IT department's information systems security officer, this is the process for following SMC’s security practices for posting videos under the SMC name.
- Use SMC's district’s official YouTube account. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started and move onto the next step: Create Account with Your SMC Email.
- If you have an existing separate YouTube channel, use your SMC email address as the official contact email and connect it with the SMC's district’s official YouTube account. Contact email@example.com to get started.
- Go to youtube.com and click SIGN IN.
- On the bottom right, click Create account.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Select For myself.
- Add your First name and Last name.
- For username, use your full SMC email.
- Format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instructions: Create a Google Account
- Note: Do not use your personal email. If your account is hacked, hackers will be able to access the SMC YouTube channel and other apps. Our SMC assets will be compromised. And IT cannot help you secure the account.
- Add a Password and re-enter it to Confirm
- Enter code sent to your SMC email. The email is called “Verify your email address” from Google.
- If you didn’t get a verification email in your inbox, it may be in the spam or junk folder. Check Barracuda Email Security Service.
- Add your Phone number for security.
- Secure your account with 2-step verification.