Timothy Dong received his B.S. in Chemistry from Caltech and his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from UCLA. His thesis project involved synthesizing compounds where an antibiotic was linked to a sugar molecule with the goal of increasing antibacterial activity. The project utilized techniques from Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, and Microbiology. He has been teaching classes in General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry at Santa Monica College since 2015. Prior to teaching at SMC, he has also taught at UCLA, the Claremont Colleges, and Pepperdine University.
- Chem 10: Introductory General Chemistry
- Chem 19: Fundamentals of General, Organic,
and Biological Chemistry
- Chem 21: Organic Chemistry I (Lecture and Lab)
- Chem 22: Organic Chemistry II Lecture
- Chem 24: Organic Chemistry II Lab