Thank you for your interest in the SMC Noncredit Pre-Certified Nurse Assistant and Home Health Aide Certificate Programs. Our newly developed certificates are designed to offer low-cost training programs to get you quickly into the healthcare field. There are no tuition fees, and most program supplies are loaned out to program participants. Before we can enroll you into the program you must complete and submit the required documentation outlined below.
Please submit your documents to the Health Sciences department to be placed on a list for the next available cohort. All documents must be submitted in one email from your SMC student email account.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Live in the state of California
- Not possess an F1 student visa
Steps to Enroll
Step 1: Submit Clearance Documents to Health Sciences Department
Because you will be taking classes in a clinical setting, you will need to submit the following clearances to the Health Sciences Department:
- Criminal background and drug clearance ($101.75)
- Proof of negative TB test results within six months prior to enrollment
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination with at least first booster (3 shots).
- Complete CPR/BLS certification
- Proof of flu vaccine (only during flu season)
Please submit all paperwork in one email to HealthSciences@smc.edu with the subject line “Attn: CNA Program.” All documents must be submitted in one email from your SMC student email account.
Step 2: Registration Confirmation
After your paperwork has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email of your registration. Meaning you have been enrolled in your required classes.
Most supplies will be loaned to students, but students are expected to purchase white scrubs, shoes, and watch. Below is a list of commonly used retailers:
- Scrubs Unlimited (Hours: Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Uniform Advantage (online)
- Amazon.com (online)
- Walmart (online and in stores)
If you have any additional questions regarding the registration process, feel free to email us at NoncreditRegistration@smc.edu or call us 310-434-3399.
For program specific questions, including the health clearance requirements please email the Health Sciences department at: HealthSciences@smc.edu.