Attention: The Santa Monica College campus has announced new actions to help limit coronavirus (COVID-19). As local, national and global public health recommendations shift to include mitigation of transmission, the campus is proactively taking steps to help protect our community. Effective immediately, many campus operations are being suspended and/or modified. We realize that these steps are extremely disruptive, but we ask for your patience and flexibility during these uncertain times.
Health Sciences Counselors are available for telephone and video counseling appointments
How do I make an appointment with a Health Sciences Counselor?
By calling or emailing our front desk staff:
- Health Sciences 310-434-3453 or email: email@example.com
- Michelle Aragon 310-434-3446 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your call is not answered, please leave a message with your name, student ID, and a return phone number. They will contact you to schedule and confirm your appointment.
Important for telephone appointments: The Health Sciences counselor will call you at your appointment time using the telephone number on file in your student portal. Please make sure that your telephone number is correct in Corsair Connect. You should also make sure that your cell phone allows blocked/unknown callers at this time. If you are not able to answer at your scheduled appointment time, you will need to reschedule for another time.
Why should I book a Health Sciences Counseling appointment?
Students may meet with our Health Sciences Counselors for a variety of reasons such as:
- To obtain information about our Associate Degree Programs and/or our non-credit certificate programs
- Academic advising
- Transcript evaluation
- Educational planning
- Review of graduation requirements
- Health Sciences Transfer pathways (RN to BSN & BS in Respiratory therapy options)
- Student success strategies
- Referrals to campus programs and resources
No matter the question, any question is a good one, so please feel free to reach out to us for support; we are here to help you succeed!