Attention: please review COVID-19 updates.
How do I make an appointment with a Health Sciences Counselor?
Appointments are scheduled by emailing (SMC email is preferred) our front desk staff
Health Sciences Counselors are available for in-person, telephone, and video counseling appointments
- Health Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Aragon: email@example.com
- Your email should include your name, SMC student ID, days of the week and times you are most available, and a return phone number.
- Please allow 48 hours for a response during the week.
- A response may be longer than 48 hours if an email is received when the office is closed.
- If you are scheduling a remote appointment (zoom or telephone), please have access to an electronic device (computer, Ipad, or laptop) and be in a quiet space.
- An email confirmation will be sent to your SMC email address.
For telephone assistance, call Health Sciences 310-434-3453 or Michelle Aragon 310-434-3446.
Important for telephone appointments: The Health Sciences counselor will call you at your appointment time using the telephone number on file in your student portal. Please make sure that your telephone number is correct in Corsair Connect. You should also make sure that your cell phone allows blocked/unknown callers at this time. If you are not able to answer at your scheduled appointment time, you will need to reschedule for another time.
Why should I book a Health Sciences Counseling appointment?
Students may meet with our Health Sciences Counselors for a variety of reasons such as:
- To obtain information about our Associate Degree Programs and/or our non-credit certificate programs
- Academic advising
- Transcript evaluation
- Educational planning
- Review of graduation requirements
- Health Sciences Transfer pathways (RN to BSN & BS in Respiratory options)
- Student success strategies
- Referrals to campus programs and resources
No matter the question, any question is a good one, so please feel free to reach out to us for support; we are here to help you succeed!
Nursing and Respiratory Care information sessions:
Health Sciences Counseling offers in-person SMC Nursing program and SMC Respiratory Care program information sessions.