New Students are students without an SMC Student Identification Number. Returning Students are students absent from classes for three semesters or more. New and returning students may register and enroll with the application form in the back of this schedule or the fillable PDF application form at smc.edu/emeritus. When using the fillable online application, a signature is required before sending the application as an email attachment to email@example.com. Applications mailed or placed in the SMC Emeritus mail slot located near the front door of 1227 2nd Street must be received by the Friday before the 1st day of enrollment in order for you to be enrolled.
Continuing Students are students actively enrolled in the present or either of the previous 2 semesters. Continuing students may enroll online at smc.edu/cc or by using the fillable PDF application available at smc.edu/emeritus or by using a paper enrollment application. At least two weeks prior to the start of enrollment, Continuing Student Enrollment Cards are mailed to the address on record. Listed at the top of the form is a computer generated online enrollment appointment date/time that will rotate to a previous day each term. For immediate processing, enroll online using the SMC Corsair Connect Enrollment System on your appointment date/time or anytime thereafter. If you are not assigned an online enrollment appointment, you cannot enroll online. You may use the fillable PDF application at smc.edu/emeritus, your Continuing Student Enrollment Card, or the paper application form at the back of this printed schedule and send all registration materials as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only continuing students who received an online enrollment appointment are eligible to use authorization codes given to them by faculty to self enroll online in closed classes after the start of the semester. If you receive an authorization code from an instructor for a closed class, enroll yourself in the class online at smc.edu/cc.
The online enrollment process at Emeritus occurs through SMC’s Corsair Connect system. Online enrollment appointments are computer generated and rotate to a previous day each term. Online enrollment gives continuing students the best odds for successful enrollment. Enroll online on your appointment date/time or any time thereafter. Detailed online enrollment instructions are available online at smc.edu/emeritus or in the Emeritus Enrollment Services Office. Emeritus mini computer lab volunteers can assist students with online enrollment when the mini lab is open.
- Go to smc.edu/emeritus – click onto the links located at the left hand side. There you will find helpful links, such as: Instructions for Online Enrollment; Corsair Connect (Online Enrollment & SMC Email); Searchable Schedule (to search which classes are open); and other helpful links.
- Go to smc.edu/cc – use “Corsair Connect” to enroll online. Make sure you have your SMC/Emeritus Student ID number, password and class section numbers available. If this is the first time you are using Corsair Connect, then your initial password will be your 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY) and you will then be asked to convert your 6-digit date of birth password to a new alphanumeric password. You are responsible for retaining your new password and for printing your online enrollment transaction receipt. If you have forgotten your ID number or password, click on “I cannot access my account” on the Corsair Connect login screen and follow the next directions to retrieve your login information.
- The link to the searchable classes is located under the “In this section” or on the left-hand side of the smc.edu/emeritus webpage depending on if you are using a desktop computer or a mobile device/Chromebook. Once on the searchable classes page, select 1) the Semester (e.g. Winter 2021), 2) Class Type (Emeritus), and 3) Class Modality (All) 4) Class Status (Open & Closed). Scroll down and click the “Search” button. A listing of classes appears below the “Search” button. Click the right arrow at the bottom of the page to access the next rows and pages of classes.
The fillable PDF application form is available online at smc.edu/emeritus. A signature is required before sending the application as an email attachment to email@example.com.
It is preferred that students using the paper application located in the back of this schedule scan/take a photo and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the form completely, sign, date and provide an emergency contact and number on the form.
- List courses in priority order; do not enroll in duplicate sections of the same course or classes that overlap in time.
- Write “Alt” to indicate your 2nd choice for a better chance of receiving a course of your choice.
- Write in a personal email address on your enrollment form.
If you cannot email the application form, you may mail or place forms into the SMC Emeritus mail slot located near the front door of 1227 2nd Street no later than the Friday before the 1st day of enrollment or your enrollment form will not be processed. All enrollments forms whether emailed, placed into the mail slot, or mailed are processed on a daily basis after all the online appointment have expired.
if you are unable to enroll because of missing application information, a required matriculation code change, unpaid credit course fees, a records hold, or disqualification status, call the emeritus office for information. if you are unable to enroll due to a closed class, please see section below on closed classes. if you are having enrollment issues call the emeritus office at 310-434-4306 for assistance.
Students enrolling online will not receive a mailed transactions receipt from Emeritus. You must print your transaction receipts from the SMC Corsair Connect online enrollment system. If you have submitted a paper application for enrollment, you will receive a transaction receipt via US mail. If a class you selected is not listed, then that indicates: the class was filled, there was a time conflict, or you tried to enroll in two sections of the same course. ID#s are listed on the upper left hand of the confirmation/receipt.
For closed classes, students who enroll online can add themselves onto the wait list by clicking “Wait for a Class”, if wait list space is available. Students who submit a paper enrollment form will automatically be added to the wait list, if wait list space is available. The maximum capacity for a wait list is approximately 30% of the maximum seat capacity for the class. The wait list is ordered in chronological order: the name of the student joining the wait list the earliest will be included at the top (#1). Once the class starts, instructors will use this chronological wait list when considering granting authorization (add) codes or signing add cards / continuing student forms. The wait list will be updated as students enroll in the class or remove themselves from it. When a seat opens up in a class, all active students on the wait list will receive an Open Seat Notification email to their SMC email account. Whoever enrolls first gets the seat. Being on the wait list and receiving an Open Seat Notification email does not guarantee an actual seat to anyone. Enrollment for the open seat is on a “first come, first to enroll” basis. For higher chances of getting the open seat, check your SMC email regularly and register yourself online.
- Courses are free but we gladly accept donations.
- Attend the first class or you may be dropped. Regular attendance throughout the semester is expected or you may be dropped from the class.
- Low enrollment and low attendance may cause class cancellations.
- Only enrolled students may attend and participate in class.
Use an address card for changes or make changes online at smc.edu/emeritus. Click on “Corsair Connect (Online Enrollment & SMC Email)” from the menu on the left side and login. Then, click the “Enrollment” blue tab/link in the middle of the page. From the left side menu, click “Profile / Preferences” and update your address, then press “Submit Changes” at the bottom of the page to save the new information.
Help us help you. Make sure your emergency information is current each term.