This webpage is still being developed. Pedagogy and informational material will continue to be added to this webpage.
The EpiCenter's Pedagogy Resources
- The Center's Lending Library
- Materials from Past Workshops and Events
- On Course Strategies and Best Practices
Equity-Minded Practices in an Online Environment
Drs. Frank Harris III and J. Luke Wood's Latest Webinar from 3/26/2020:p
Employing Equity-Minded & Culturally-Affirming Teaching Practices in Virtual Learning Communities
USC's Center for Urban Education Webinar from 3/26/2020:
Supporting students, colleagues, and community during COVID-19
The Equity and Diversity Committee Equity Resource Guide
The Equity and Diversity Committee explores academic and professional matters concerning faculty equity and diversity practices and policies at the college. It works with appropriate campus groups to develop, recommend, and assess policies, programs, and strategies that promote equity and diversity in student success and to update the college’s equity plan.
*Printed copies of the Equity Resource Guide are available to borrow from The Center in M104
- Learning Students’ Names
- Pronoun Etiquette Sheet
- Understanding by Design
- Difficult Dialogues in the Classroom
- Teaching Beyond the Gender Binary in the University Classroom
Teaching & Learning Resources
Below you will find links to various articles on the topic of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. Articles are listed by title, in the order, they were published.
- "Structure Matters: Twenty-One Teaching Strategies to Promote Student Engagement and Cultivate Classroom Equity" by Kimberly D. Tanner, Department of Biology, San Francisco State University - CBE - Life Sciences Education, Vol. 12
- "Teaching Beyond the Gender Binary in the University Classroom" from Vanderbilt University's Center for Teaching