- Unit Requirements: The B.S. in Interaction Design requires a minimum on 120 CSU applicable units, including lower and upper division general education. All Associate degrees require a minimum of 60 degree-applicable units, including General Education, major requirements, and electives. Associate Degrees for Transfer also require 60 CSU-applicable units in addition to the General Education, major requirements, and electives. Certificates of Achievement require a minimum of 12 major-applicable units.
- Units in Residence at SMC: At least 12 units of coursework must be taken at Santa Monica College.
- GPA Requirements: A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in degree-applicable coursework. All courses in the major must be completed with a "C" or better.
- Major requirement for all degrees and Certificates of Achievement may be found in the Transfer/Counseling Center's Articulation website.
Coursework from regionally accredited colleges and universities is accepted by SMC to fulfill degree and certificate requirements.
Advanced Placement and CLEP scores can be accepted for credit, with some limitations. Test scores must be submitted directly from the testing center to SMC.
Official college transcripts and test scores sent directly by the institution are required. SMC does not accept student-provided documents--even if in a sealed envelope.
- Graduation and Evaluations: TranscriptEvaluator@smc.edu
- Contact your assigned evaluator based on your last name or program (RN, RT, IxD)
- B, S, T: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A, I, L, Q, U, W, X: email@example.com
- E, G, M: firstname.lastname@example.org
- C, D, K, O: email@example.com
- H, P, R, Y: firstname.lastname@example.org
- F, J, N, V, Z & RN, RT/RC, IxD programs: email@example.com