Ordering Official SMC Transcripts
Your wellbeing and that of our staff is priority. In an effort to exercise social distancing and minimize transmission of COVID-19, SMC has temporarily suspended face-to-face services and instruction.
The Admissions and Records Office is closed until further notice for in-person interaction. However, staff is still available and will gladly attend to your inquiries by phone or email.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these difficult times. Please stay healthy. For the latest information on SMC's response to COVID-19 go to smc.edu/coronavirus.
In Person Orders, Rush Mail Orders, Rush 'On The Spot' Orders, Rush Pick Up, and Rush Federal Express Orders are currently unavailable for students.
For fastest service, place an order online through Credentials and select the Electronic/PDF Transcript option.
Only Online Orders Available
- This is the fastest option for official transcripts to be mailed or sent electronically to the destination of choice!
- Transcripts ordered online through our partner, Credentials Inc., incur a $2.40 handling charge, along with the cost of the transcript ($5) regardless of the delivery method (mail/electronic/PDF). Several options are available:
- Regular Service: mailed-out within 10 working days after receipt of signature authorization to Credentials. Cost is $5.00 plus a $2.40 handling charge. SELECT ELECTRONIC/PDF FOR FASTEST PROCESSING AND DELIVERY.
These transcript services are currently unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions
- NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE-Rush Service - Hand Carried: available for pick-up at the Admissions Office on the 3rd business day (Monday -
Thursday ONLY), after 1 p.m., after receipt of signature authorization by Credentials.
Cost is $15 plus a $2.40 handling charge.
- NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE-Rush Service by Mail: orders mailed on the 3rd business day after receipt of signature authorization by
Credentials. Cost is $15 plus a $2.40 handling charge.
- NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE-Federal Express Service: added option allowing you to track the transcript while in route to the destination. Price varies based on the delivery destination.
In-Person orders Currently Unavailable
- Transcripts may be ordered in person, before 4:30PM, in the Admissions and Records Office located at 1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405.
- Transcript Order Request form: student must present, in person, a government-issued photo identification.
- In-person orders are processed within 3 weeks after receipt of signed transcript request and payment is received. In-person orders are for transcripts that are to be mailed only.
- Questions about transcript orders can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-434-4467.
- Transcripts ordered in-person: First two copies are FREE. Additional copies are $5 per copy.
- Rush Service costs $10 in addition to the regular $5 transcript fee for a total of $15 per copy.
- "On The Spot" transcript service is offered for a $27 fee. This option can only be made in person. Please note that "On The Spot" transcripts must be requested by 4:30 p.m. for same day service.
View and Print Your Unofficial SMC Transcript
- Log in to Corsair Connect
- Enter your SMC ID number and password.
- Click on the "Enrollment" tab.
- Click on "Student Records" on the left menu.
- Select "Unofficial Transcript."
What if I have not been a student at SMC for awhile and I cannot view my account on Corsair Connect?
- You will need to reapply to SMC. Access to Corsair Connect is available only for two years after you stop attending SMC. Once you reapply, you will regain access to view your information through Corsair Connect.
The Admissions and Records Office at Santa Monica College is committed to protecting the privacy of all current and former students. Information collected for transcript requests or other office-related functions is used solely for the purposes of identification and the completion of your orders. All information you provide to us electronically or on paper is kept confidential, and in keeping with the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), will not be divulged to external parties without your consent. We will never sell any information pertaining to your records to a third party.
Encryption is used for the transfer of data, and we do not store credit card information in our files. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We urge you to take all practical and reasonable precautions.
Transcripts Release Policy
Transcripts will be released to current and former students and to third parties upon written or electronic authorization.
For in-person orders, student must be present and picture I.D. is required to order and pick-up transcripts.
Rush transcripts held for pick-up will be retained for a maximum of 30 days. If they are not picked up within the 30 days, they will be destroyed and the cost will not be refunded. Reordering will be subject to all applicable fees.
Transcript orders cannot be held for missing grades.
All transcripts will be issued with the student's legal name. Unfortunately, transcripts cannot be issued with a preferred name.