February 8, 2023
Updated Process for Conducting the Daily Symptoms Checklist
Dear Santa Monica College Community,
The SMC Emergency Operations Team is updating our process for conducting the Daily Symptoms Checklist. In lieu of completing an online survey, employees should self-assess before coming to work, effective the first day of Spring 2023 semester, Monday, Feb. 13, 2023.
The goal is for all college employees to take personal responsibility for monitoring their health and exposure to COVID-19.
Below is a COVID-19 Daily Health Screening for staff to perform before heading to work. The objective of implementing the COVID19 Daily Health Screening is to minimize the spread of COVID-19 onsite. This screening is a self-administered questionnaire which helps you monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and determines whether you can proceed to work or be onsite.
If you answer YES to any of the questions below, DO NOT REPORT TO WORK, immediately email COVID19HR@smc.edu, and contact your supervisor to determine next steps.
- Have you been in close contact or live with anyone who has been diagnosed with or tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days -or- have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a medical professional or local public health official? The LA County Public Health Office directs anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 to isolate for at least 5 days (day 0 is the day of positive test).
- Have you had a fever about 100F in the past 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 24 hours that are not associated with a known medical condition?
- Loss of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting. diarrhea, loss of appetite
This information will no longer be collected electronically.
For more information about Santa Monica Community College’s COVID-19 response please visit our COVID-19 Updates website.
Santa Monica College Emergency Operations Team