Students who are sick should stay home, engage in social distancing, and contact their primary care provider. If students don’t have a primary care provider, they can call Student Health Services at 310-434-4262.
SMC encourages everyone to protect themselves from illness, such as the cold, flu, and COVID-19 by following the recommended actions:
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Wear a face mask.
- Get a flu shot.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a bent elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.