Counseling and Transfer Services
GCTS will open at 10 AM on Wednesday, September 13th, 2023.
Connect with a Counselor
Our counselors are here to advise and help you create an educational plan to reach your goals, whether you want to transfer from SMC to a university, earn an associates degree or certificate, or take courses for personal development. We are here to help you by providing phone, video and limited in-person counseling.
General Counseling by Appointment
Student Services Center, 2nd Floor
1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405
NOTE: You are able to book appointments through Corsair Connect under Counseling & Special Programs.
- Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: No scheduled appointments
Drop-In General Counseling
Drop-In by phone, in-person, or video
Drop-In Counseling lets you contact a counselor without needing an appointment.
Due to high student demand, in-person and remote drop-in counseling may close intermittently
throughout the day.
For faster counseling service, students enrolled in special programs are encouraged to seek counseling in the other programs before attempting to see a counselor in GCTS.
- Monday & Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday : 10a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday : 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Special Programs and Services
For SMC students who are part of a special program (International Students, Adelante Students, Student Veterans, EOP&S students, etc.) and are not seeking general counseling, or if you would like to make an appointment with the Career Services Center or the Center for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Student Learning Objectives
- As a result of participating in a counseling session, students will be able to prioritize and articulate the appropriate coursework needed for the subsequent term, according to their stated academic goal.
- Using assessment and transcript evaluation results, students will identify their eligibility for, and the proper sequencing of, English/ESL and math courses leading to their educational goals.