Counseling and Transfer Services
General Counseling & Transfer Services will be closed on Friday, March 1st.
Connect with a Counselor
Our counselors are here to advise and help you create an educational plan to reach your goals, whether you want to transfer from SMC to a university, earn an associates degree or certificate, or take courses for personal development. We are here to help you by providing phone, video and limited in-person counseling.
General Counseling by Appointment
Student Services Center, 2nd Floor
1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405
- Appointments will resume on February 26th, 2024. You will be able to book appointments on Corsair Connect.
Drop-In General Counseling
Drop-In by phone, in-person, or video
Drop-In Counseling lets you contact a counselor without needing an appointment.
Due to high student demand, in-person and remote call back counseling may close intermittently
throughout the day.
For faster counseling service, students enrolled in special programs are encouraged to seek counseling in the other programs before attempting to see a counselor in GCTS.
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday : 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Closed on March 1st)
Please check for all office closures by clicking 'See all Options' link.
Special Programs and Services
For SMC students who are part of a special program (International Students, Adelante Students, Student Veterans, EOP&S students, etc.) and are not seeking general counseling, or if you would like to make an appointment with the Career Services Center or the Center for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Student Learning Objectives
- As a result of participating in a counseling session, students will be able to prioritize and articulate the appropriate coursework needed for the subsequent term, according to their stated academic goal.
- Using assessment and transcript evaluation results, students will identify their eligibility for, and the proper sequencing of, English/ESL and math courses leading to their educational goals.