Process for Disqualified Students
If you were disqualified from a previous college, or were disqualified from Santa Monica College and have been away from SMC for two consecutive semesters (one year) or longer, you will need to complete the Disqualified Student Petition for Reinstatement after completing the SMC Online Application.
Complete the SMC Online Admissions Application. Click on 'Start Application Now.'
Upon completing your SMC Admissions Application, you will receive an email that includes your SMC Student ID number. You will need your ID number to log in to Corsair Connect. If you are a returning student, your previous ID number will be reactivated in the system.
- Log-in to Corsair Connect.
- Under 'Counseling and Special Programs', click on 'DQ Student Petition'. Complete and submit the petition.
- Once you submit the online DQ Petition, a message will appear that your petition was successfully completed and stored in your Corsair Connect portal.
- If you were disqualified from another college, you will need to email a copy of your
unofficial transcript/s to SMC Readmit Committee and include your name and SMC ID number in the email. Then a counselor will review
your DQ petition and email a response to your SMC email via Corsair Connect .
- Once you are admitted to Santa Monica College, please request your official transcripts to be mailed from each college(s) you attended directly to SMC Admissions & Records to this address:
Santa Monica, CA 90405-1628
- If you are requesting your electronic transcript to be sent, electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution through an accredited electronic transcript service, such as Parchment, Credentials, or the National Student Clearinghouse. If the order system for the accredited electronic service requires an email address for the recipient, you may provide this email address: email@example.com. Note: Santa Monica College does not accept official transcripts as email attachments.